Excel quotes

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dagve, Oct 16, 2001.

1. dagve

dagve

I am interested in importing real time quotes into an excel spreadsheet. Can anyone recommend some data vendors that offer this at a reasonable price?

2. Fletch

Fletch

quote.com has a product call qlink... not sure I'd really say they have good service... but it usually works.

fletch

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Quote.com offers their QFeed for free when you subscribe to QCharts (about $80/month). They have a DDE link called QLink that allows you to pull the QFeed quotes into Excel. Its very easy to use.

If you want more info, the link is:

http://finance.lycos.com/home/qcharts/qlink.asp?option=qlink

Kirk

Edit: Oops, Fletch beat me to it...I'm a slow typer :)

4. dagve

dagve

thanks for the help guys

5. If you use Redi, Reuters, Bloomberg, AT-Financial they all have dde links. Other services could have them, but I use the above. Yahoo's server will give you 200 days of OHLC on any stock or index for free. Check their finance site too. For Redi and the others, call their data / trading platform support for more info.

Cheers

6. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

If you use RealTick, you can use the included program called Talnet to import realtime data.

7. gordo

gordo

devegadal:

How do you use the dde links in Reuters to export data into excel? Thanks.

8. Gordo:

I'm using reuters dealing 3000. In this product you call a dde link with the following command line in the cell you want to display the data in:

=reuter|idn!'msft,prim act 1, last'

But if you have reuters running , search help for dde and follow the instructions listed, it's a really painless procedure. Reuters collects all the data for you, so there's no need to write the data to a separate database. Simply call up a tabular (or time and sales) window in Reuters, copy the data and paste it into your spreadsheet. If you want to record the data in a database real-time, you'll need a macro to do it. Let me know if you need help.

Cheers