Excel Programmers: Simple "buy at X price, sell at Y" setup for Open E Cry wanted

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by AshanD, Aug 13, 2008.

1. AshanD

AshanD

I use bracket orders to place entry and exit order combos in Open E cry. Problem is that it is a one shot deal. If the order triggers and stops out, there is no way to set up the combo to reactivate again. I guess I need to look elsewhere.

Excel looks attractive with no API fees, so I am looking for a programmer who can help me setup an excel file that will allow for the following:

-Bracket orders, ex. a buy order with a sell stop that is inactive until the buy order fills.

-Timing. Orders can be set to initiate at a specific time.

-Order Chains. The key aspects of why I am looking to Excel. 2 distinct chains needed

--Timing related: If one order fails to fill at a certain time and is rejected, the order is tried again every minute until it fills or the day session ends.

--Previous order related. If one bracket of a buy stop (I enter on buy stops so price has to trade through my trigger point) and sell stop is filled and consequently stopped out, a new bracket order of the buy stop (entry) and sell stop (exit) is sent out.

Please let me know if you can handle this, thanks!

Ashan