Excel moving average values

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by indahook, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Does anybody know how/if I can get the actual plot value of MA`s in excel? On the chart would be good but cells would be better.

I`ve googled high and low for this. ET is my last hope!

good trading to you all. :D

[​IMG]

2. I can read it with no problems and not having to pay.... eg

------------------
    I am needing to build a chart with a dynamic rolling 30-day date range and would like for it to update automatically as new dates and series data are entered.

I initially found a solution at Changing Chart Source Data Based On Running Date used here cannot take into account if there are fewer than 30-days to plot. Obviously, initially there is only one day to plot and it builds from there.

Dynamic Named Range: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1, COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-30,0,30,1)

Can the named ranged formula be devised to limit itself to the initial entry?

Selecting date ranges for the chart via a control is one option I can use, but I prefer to automate the chart rather than have to select the date range daily.

I am open to any other suggestions.

------------

Just tell the xvalue to equal "=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$31". The chart will only plot out the rows if there is data there.

------

Try this modified formula.
    Requires at least 1 point.

= OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,IF( COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)>=30,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-30,0),0,MIN(COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),30),1)

-----

Thanks Andy.

Just tried it in a test worksheet; deleted all points but one and the range is correct.

----

also see dynamtic charts

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58206

3. To be 100% honest I am about as far from a programmer as can be. So seeing those macros I have no idea how to apply them to my data to obtain the ending dymanic value I require.

I am sure its there and you have been helpful. I`m just a dope.:)

4. they are not macros they are excel functions.

originally I thought you would have to use macros to do what you asked, but I found that site above which uses functions.

you could google time series excel analysis, or realtime time series excel.... I am sure there are 3rd party products that make it easier to work with time series. I think matlab maybe has some.

5. Okay. That would work also.

Incidently, I asked a trader buddy the same question and he directed me back to that ozgrid site. He also said that for a nominal fee you can have a programmers bid on/write your functions.

I see you`re in Miami. I may be moving to Boca to trade for a desk soon. I`ll offer to buy you a beer if it happens.

I really appreciate the direction/help.

Cheers.

6. yes I'm located in miami, and yes I accept free beer. lol

rentacoder.com is the site you want to pay somebody to write a quick excel macro for something like this.

7. Excellent!

#10     Feb 3, 2010