Excel Help

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Covert, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Covert

Covert

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to caluclate s/r levels for different markets after I enter the H/L/C. Today, after entering these #'s the spreadsheet didn't do the calculations. When I clicked in the cell, the formula is still there, but no calculation is being done; Only when I click on the formula bar and hit enter does the calculation get done. Very curious problem. I should mention that I have been using this SS for months, with a different tab for each day, and have never seen a problem like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Have you checked that Tools - Options - Calculation - Automatic is selected?

3. Covert

Covert

That is exactly it; Thanks so much- Just a question; How is it possible that that was changed?

4. Assuming that you didn't change the calculation mode, the most likely reasons are:

- another workbook, set to manual calc (from a download, maybe?) was opened earlier than this one, either today or recently; or

- a new workbook or worksheet was created, from template or by a copy command, and your template / copy source is set to manual calc.

The issue is that Excel requires all open workbooks, and all worksheets in a workbook, to use the same calc mode. The mode is saved with the file.