Excel-display high/low swings of a minimal definite size of points, and another thing

Discussion in 'App Development' started by 030985, May 2, 2012.

1. 030985

Good morning,

I am new to excel, and just used a bit Open Office Calc. I did not find very helpful things by googling ( but maybe because I am not excel literate and therefore don't know how to search correctly for it )

I would like to be able to do if possible, two things, one based on minute datas :

- For each day, calculate successive High/low swings of a definite minimal size of points starting from open, with time of top/bottoms and the size of the swing

And the second, I am not sure how it would be possible with minute datas as it is not precise enough, but maybe with tick datas :

- For each day, calculate every successive 'X points' moves, with time displayed when "each X points reached", starting from open ( or any chosen time )

Thank you for your help :)

2. im trying to help [since I had extensive Excel knowledge running automated trading]

But, it seems u need a system design rather than specific Excel problem. hence nobody wld really help you out.

B4 you even move onto getting your whatever points, what must you do to achieve that ?

Getting every min's data onto the Excel sheet right ? So are you getting it or do U even know how to ?

3. 030985

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure if I understood adequately your assumptions as English is not my native language but what I am looking for has not to be in 'real time'.
    It is just to study past datas, based on different historical minute datas that I have.
    :)