Excel DDE and IB

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by prisma, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Simon-IB

Simon-IB

Yes. All orders submitted from the API must use SMART order routing.

#11     Oct 9, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

As you guys may have figured out, Simon is on the programming side and should be able to answer most of your questions.

The SMART routing option for API's will be waived in the near future. This will be some conditions but I can't go into them at this point.

#12     Oct 9, 2002
  3. DaveN

DaveN

def and Simon,

Thanks for the information; that's really good to know. I've been with IB since Nov 1997, and I've always been thrilled by the open and forward thinking stance that they take towards the retail trader. I look forward to hearing more when that time comes.

#13     Oct 9, 2002
  4. Bob111

Bob111

Hi Simon!
    One more question for you about IB demo-
    it impossible to use it for testing because the data shown-totally incorrect. example-i log in today 10/11/2002 @ 2:46 and it shows that ALTR up+15% when it actualy up only 3,5%

it says on demo-15min delayed data.
    we ask for realtime data for testing purposes for long time, we even willing to pay some extra for it.
    or give us at least correct delayed data please........
    how hard it can be for such huge company?
    Thank you!

#14     Oct 11, 2002
  5. just21

just21

Did the bug get fixed, that caused incorrect prices in 778, in todays new version?

#15     Oct 11, 2002
  6. Simon-IB

Simon-IB

The Excel spreadsheet works correctly withs the latest release of TWS i.e 778.1

#16     Oct 14, 2002
  7. just21

just21

While we have you here Simon, are there any plans to increase the number of real time links between tws and excel? I have hit the limit and am having to update prices manually in my spreadsheet when my position gets this diversified.

thanks

#17     Oct 14, 2002
  8. Simon-IB

Simon-IB

The current limit is 40 tickers. There are no fixed plans to increase this limit.

If you require more tickers talk consult with your IB sales rep.

#18     Oct 16, 2002
  9. just21

just21

I think the problem I have is that I am using an old copy of twsdde.xls saved to a new file name. I am going to have to redo my spreadsheet with the new twsdde. More than 40 tickers in excel from tws means more commissions for IB!

#19     Oct 16, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

The 40 ticker limit is set in order to conserve system resources. We don't aim to be a ticker service. Exceptions could be made but they are rare.

#20     Oct 16, 2002