excel data feeding (newbie question)

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by schonfeld_trade, Aug 18, 2002.

1. This is so cool. You are great. Thank you so much for your information. I really appreciate it.

Good luck to your tomorrow's trading.

#11     Aug 18, 2002
  2. One time I looked into this. My conclusion is that if you need more than just a few stocks, TC2000 is probably a better solution. $30/month, well worth the money than the time you would have to spend on working with free sources. Depends on how you use it, you many only need one month subscription to get historical data.

#12     Aug 19, 2002
  3. One time I looked into this. My conclusion is that if you need more than just a few stocks, TC2000 is probably a better solution. $30/month, well worth the time than you would have to spend on free sources. Depends on how you use it, you many only need one month subscription to get historical data.

#13     Aug 19, 2002
  4. Bob111

Bob111

-------One time I looked into this. My conclusion is that if you need more than just a few stocks, TC2000 is probably a better solution. $30/month, well worth the time than you would have to spend on free sources. Depends on how you use it, you many only need one month subscription to get historical data.

i already mention Omega Prosuite-if you can get it (for free of course) you can get historical data from them. it same company, who made TC2000

#14     Aug 19, 2002
  5. thanks, bob. The yahoo data is good for me. I just want to get historitical data from some specific companies and do some research on them. I think that it should be enough. Thank you very much.

#15     Aug 19, 2002
  6. hehe, thank you very much too. You know what? I am so poor that I don't want to spend so much money. hehe, a little bit stupid aha? after I get more senses, I will try to use the services you recommended. Thank you.

#16     Aug 19, 2002
  7. DMD

DMD

try hqoute.com

#17     Aug 19, 2002
  8. Thank you very much. Just confirm it here: www.hquote.com, which is a very good website.

#18     Aug 19, 2002
  9. birchy

birchy

I was just about to post a similar query, as I would like to take the advice given to me here and back trade (did I remember the right term?) some strategies before using real money.

I'm going to re-phrase the question and see if we can't shake out some more resources.

First, I wasn't able to get the link for hquote to work, I even googled "hquote" and got no hits. Is there a typo?

Second, what have those of you who have back traded day trading techniques used? I think it would be fun to have a game that uses historical data to simulate live trading, just as a form of solitaire. But surely there are dozens of tools with finer resolution than Yahoo's closing prices.

James

#19     Aug 19, 2002
  10. Bob111

Bob111

------ back trade (did I remember the right term?) some strategies before using real money.

you are talking about backtesting

-----Second, what have those of you who have back traded day trading techniques used?

do you know any other methods to test your strategies or systems? that's only thing we know,what happends in past.

----I think it would be fun to have a game that uses historical data to simulate live trading,

there is enough simulators on market for it.

#20     Aug 19, 2002