excel data feeding (newbie question)

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by schonfeld_trade, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Thanks everyone first here!

Newbie question: Do you know where I can get this kind of website where I can download the data to my excel application? Are there such kind of free data feeding? or I have to pay for it? Just historical data.

Please give me some help on this. Thank you so much.

2. why is nobody willing to help me. Is it because this is a newbie's question? Please. I really need you guys' help.

3. Dustin

Dustin

You can get it through Redi, Realtick, Esignal, QLink etc...

I know of no free sources.

4. Well, excuuuuuuuse me. Sorry for keeping you waiting for nearly 50 minutes. I'll drag myself away from Sigourney Weaver's excellent performance in Copycat and start searching the web for answers to your question.

Oh, you're welcome.

(50 minutes... still looking for answers after 50 years)

5. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I will see what I can get there. :)

6. hehe, Mr Subliminal,

Sorry. hehe, Thank you so much for your reply. Hope that I don't bother you. if so, please accept my apology.

7. Bob111

Bob111

it depends, what type of data you need.
    if you need EOD -you can get it from yahoo,if you need minutes and you have Omega Prosuite-you can download from historybank.com and export in excel or you can download from omega ftp server and try to convert this data.
    next time try to be more specific.

8. Dear Bob,

THank you so much for your information. Let me try all of them and then ask you if I have more question. :)

9. Hi, Mr. Subliminal,

Thank you for your encouragement. I will try my best to trade with my heart. I think that it is the essential qualify for every top trader. I have to learn from you guys.

Absolutely, I knew that you were joking in the last thread. hehe. :)

10. Bob111

Bob111

http://table.finance.yahoo.com/k?s=qqq&g=d

then right click on ->Download Spreadsheet Format
    and save target as-> .csv file

just enter time period, dont pay attention, if not all of data will be displayed, it will be all on file anyway
    Good Luck!

#10     Aug 18, 2002