Excel 2016 + IB excel API : Stocks & Geography greyed out

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tonyf, Aug 10, 2020.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Excel 2016 (with office 365) is now offering free real-time stock prices from Nasdaq.

But my Stocks and Geography data types get greyed out (disabled) by the IB VBA somehow. I have tried both DDE and ActiveX unsuccessfully.

Now IB is charging $30 for every 100 data feeds in excess of our monthly allocation, which can add up to a lot in my case. Hence why I would like to get the free Nasdaq feed working.

Has anyone managed to do so?

Tony

2. xandman

xandman

3. tonyf

tonyf

4. xandman

xandman

You are probably aware there are "Best Practices" in Excel. Do a quick refresher on that, too. To avoid future re-work.

5. tonyf

tonyf

Windows 10 reset - Office 365 re-installed and updated. TWS re-installed. APIs re-installed. Spreadsheets re-designed.
    Problem still here.
    There I cracked at at Midnight: A compatibility issue: Newer version of excel reading older IB xls samples. It was just a matter of converting them to Excel 2019!

Rule now is to use the excel native STOCKS for Nasdaq listed securities (free real-time). 50,000 IEX calls a month (free and native API to excel) and IB only for options.

Saves me couple hundred $ a month in data.