Excel 1 second data feed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by bellman, Jun 5, 2009.

1. bellman

bellman

Well, I am not having any trouble building the custom indicator, I've been able to set up the alarm, and have excel set up to place trades automatically when certain conditions are met.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the data into excel without using Qlink which only offers the options of 1 minute data.

What kind of code would I have to write to call for the data in x number of seconds instead of every minute as I do now???

#31     Jun 15, 2009
  2. i think you need to ask that question on the eSignal forum for Qlink programming...

#32     Jun 15, 2009
  3. bellman

bellman

I did. Oh well, I'll get it done eventually.

#33     Jun 15, 2009
  4. jmn319

jmn319

Should be in milliseconds...just change that value. At least that is how it is in java, should transfer over to vba.

#34     Jun 17, 2009
  5. bellman

bellman

Qlink does feed tick data which updates on the order of milliseconds... There isn't an easy way to update all of the trades every 1 second or every 5 seconds.

Processing and memory dictates that I update every few seconds when analyzing hundreds of stocks.

#35     Jun 17, 2009
  6. artemis

artemis

As a (soon-to-be) former bank-trader all my prop-models is built in excel using the Bloomberg API.

I'm setting up our family office and would like to continue using these prop-models but I would prefer a cheaper alternative to Bloomberg.

Any suggestions? I would need the application to source 15-min, 2-h and daily fx data into excel.

Appreciate your inputs.

#36     Jun 20, 2009