Exas...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Landis82, Jun 21, 2012.

1. This stock is going so much higher.....
    They will highlight their "pipeline" sometime in 2015.
    It's not a one "trick" pony.
    :D

#21     Dec 12, 2014
  2. vanv0029

vanv0029

Strange day in EXAS land

Something strange happened today with EXAS share price on OEX day just after 4 million share secondary sold as a bought deal to institutions. First EXAS was walked up about 1.50 to 28.69. Then a rumor came out saying that new Medicare (CMS) formula for pricing was $362 not $502. Stock was pushed down to close at 25.97 but has a last after hours rices of 25.87 after EXAS issued a press release saying they have no idea
    where the pricing rumor came from.

More interesting is that Dec. 26 puts had 5.2 thousand volume (26 call volume was 387). Share volume on IB shows as 5.67 million.

What ever is going on is completely beyond my option knowledge. 3 cent gross proceeds from 5.2k options is only 15K for a lot of risk.

I added lots of shares today but as usual my timing was off so I basically purchased shares at opening price. I reduced my basis almost $1.50 by selling before the share offering and then rebuying. New shares move my average new purchase price up some.

Only idea I have is that this was a complicated way of a short (1/3 of the 80 million float is short) that I see as a bullish sign.

Also, the irony of this is that it may make sense for EXAS to reduce price because it would increase volume and speed of acceptance. Simple econ 101 price demand elasticity.

Options sort of pinned to $26 but who cares.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

#22     Dec 19, 2014
  3. EXAS is a terrific trading stock if you can stomach the volatility.
    Adult Swim Only!

#23     May 28, 2015
  4. Guy Adami mentioned the huge short interest in EXAS last night on CNBC.
    Nearly 30 million shares!

#24     May 28, 2015