EXAS: Exact Sciences

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Landis82, Oct 12, 2007.

1. When you consider the fact that I'm supposed to get one of those roter rooter jobs up the bad place at some point- 80% sounds just fine with me- I'll take my chances with the other 20%. This whole area is best handled through the mail. ~ stoney

#21     Oct 16, 2007
  2. paj

paj

Is this a potential problem? The price dropped over $0.50 just after the news.

7:16 p.m. 10/16/2007
    DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Exact Sciences Corp. (EXAS) received a warning letter from the Food and Drug Administration's Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety on regulatory matters related to its DNA technology for colorectal cancer screening.

The FDA believes that the PreGen-Plus assay requires premarket approval or clearance, according to Exact Sciences, a Maynard, Mass., applied genomics company.

Exact said it is working with the FDA to pursue the appropriate filing strategy for the product and will meet with the agency within the coming weeks.

#22     Oct 16, 2007
  3. 2 year base. Hmmm, 4-bagger. $5 is the threshold for some institutional "acceptibility" but.........institutions already own half the float. I'll skip ROE. Ditto for moving paper vs good story.

We'll see IF that speed is sustainable.

Give MY regards to Longhorns...........do the Dew.

#23     Oct 16, 2007
  4. And there goes my profit out the buttocks
    ...EXAS -$1.67 or 28% in pre market.EXACT Sciences announced that it has received a Warning Letter from the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety regarding regulatory matters related to its DNA technology for colorectal cancer screening.

Great.

#24     Oct 17, 2007
  5. Do you think this letter is just a small hurdle / technicality which EXAS can remedy?

A buy op if so?

#25     Oct 17, 2007
  6. paj

paj

They have a conference call at 8.30am to discuss it. You can listen to it on their site.

#26     Oct 17, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

lol - down 40%. probably everybody needs to get burned on this one. really sh$t stock.

#27     Oct 17, 2007
  8. WOW. the fda sure has some shitty timing.

#28     Oct 17, 2007
  9. subban

subban

I was reading a 510K 90 day app is not so bad. Maybe they can use their previous studies to give to FDA.

#29     Oct 17, 2007
  10. dhpar

dhpar

maybe....

#30     Oct 17, 2007