Examples of statistical edges in sports betting?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BillySimas, Feb 16, 2012.

1. When it is done properly there are many hours where it is similar to watching paint dry. The exciting hands are really very brief spurts in that ocean of drying paint.

#41     Jun 10, 2014
  2. Yep kinda like trading...

#42     Jun 10, 2014
  3. Curious what made you give it up? Lack of scaleability? Or tougher to do back in US?

#43     Jun 10, 2014
  4. A combination of all of this. At the time I had the perfect set up so it worked out great. Basically, the sports book was in the back of the sports bar and it was like a club house.

Daily routine was, wake up go diving or play golf, grab lunch, head to the club house. Start pouring over the sport sheets, racing forms, etc. start playing the different tracks as they opened. Drink. Hopefully hit a few races, then line up the sports wagers for that night.

Hit the beach or resort, drink some more. Hopefully meet chicks. Set up night plans. Go home siesta. Wake up back to sports book, place nigt sports bets, play some more OTB, then dinner. If chicks were involved, try to get laid. If not, back to sports book and play some more.

Gamble with the other degenerates over pool, dominoes, backgammon etc. bed.

As you can tell, not a healthy lifestyle. I gained about 30lbs that year. But I think the major difference was that gambling was more ingrained in the culture there (Mexico) than here in the US. That lifestyle there was revered if you were successful, people here might call you a scumbag.

Also, very cheap to live there. A grand a week no taxes and u lived like a king. Didn't pay tourist prices for anything and were treated like a local so people would hook you up with shit.

Honestly, the thought never occurred to me to continue on that path when returning to the states. I rarely bet on sports these days and do the occasional horse betting. Do well usually with the exception of the track I frequent the most, Saratoga.

Can't win anything there as its the track known as the "graveyard of champions".

#44     Jun 10, 2014
  5. Sounds like a good time...but also like you got out of there at the right time. Thanks for the answer.

#45     Jun 10, 2014
  6. lol, the thing the horse drops before the race has more value than your advice.

take a hike , poser.

here's a good place for you to ply your trade

[​IMG]

#46     Jun 12, 2014
  7. and yet that picture worth more than any tips you have proffered which to this point is ZERO.

Now go run along and let the big boys talk...and you can post your pretty pictures to pinterest.

#47     Jun 12, 2014
  8. Now you beg me for tips? Chance of that is less than the chance of you ever having a clue.
    [​IMG]

#48     Jun 12, 2014
  9. Wow you are really a no talent loser. And as well as knowing nothing about betting, odds, or horse racing, you obviously can't read either.

I didn't start this thread so I certainly dont need your tips, which you don't have anyway. The fact that you don't like my tips pleases me to no end and confirms that I am doing something right.

The example I gave in this thread of the way I bet produced the Belmont winner. Wtf have you shown? Nothing. Zero. Nada.

Until you give the OP something, shut your friggin pie hole because you add nothing and the Internet tough guy routine is as old as your posting of pictures is ghey.

#49     Jun 12, 2014
  10. I missed that handicapping lesson. did you use speed figures, paddock appearance , track bias, pre race warmup, or pedigree analysis?

My guess , if you had the winner at all, is that you pulled it out of the usual orifice.

PS The Internet . Where I banter with people I'd normally cross the street to avoid, lest I breath the same air.

#50     Jun 12, 2014