Examples of a 1 day reversal?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mgabriel01, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Happy Thanksgiving
    I am reading Shabackers excellent book on Technical Analysis

and wondering if anyone might point me to recent exampls of a 1 day reversal

(I am teaching myself to identify them and want to be sure Im lookin at da right thang!)

thanks in advance for your help

2. The only way I can recognize a 1 day reversal is after many days pass. I might fantasize that I am witnessing a 1 day reversal at the time of the event but it could just be a volatile trading day and price values might continue to rally.

I remember wrongly interpreting price patterns so many times that I gave up trying. Maybe there is no pattern.

3. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I don't know what Shabacker identifies as V-reversal but I think this is one.

I considered it to be a candidate when it happened - it was confirmed three weeks later.

The (first) comment in the chart is a copy from my journal on 13.06.2007.

Regards

4. Fangdog

Fangdog

I consitute a "one day reversal" as my account being up the first half of the day and down by the end of the day. This I can visually see without my mind being clutered with lines, waves, bars, candles, break-outs, edgebands, false tops, false bottoms, pivot-points and mundane things such as that.

5. Nov 5th - 'IIG' classic livermore. Higher high, close below the previous days low, increased volume than previous day.