Example Trading System

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sidinuk, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Yes to each of the first 2 questions. The longer price stays in a consolidation environment, the more energy it builds up.
    And also, with the minimum of at least 1 nonexpanding bar, it keeps you out of entering on a econ report whipsaw.

As far as "figures", as I said, I do this stuff by hand and with the limiting rules, there are few BO's, but when they occur with at least 2 inside bars,
    (3 since nov4) and all went a min. of ADR.

There has been another 4 in that time that were a 1 inside bar bo,of those 1 went to ADR, 2 time limit stop, 1 stop out.

#41     Jan 22, 2005
  2. Sulong. Thanks. I love consolidations!

#42     Jan 22, 2005
  3. Thanks for your kind reply, Sulong. Most interesting.

#43     Jan 22, 2005
  4. we have ourselves a SPAMMER but done so smoothly........

#44     Jan 24, 2005
  5. JackR

JackR

I think spamming, in a non-culinary sense, refers to mass emailing. This thread is certainly not that. The system article does appear on a commercial site. That site does refer to a UK-based trader forum. Are you saying that "sidinuk" had an ulterior motive in originating this thread?

#45     Jan 24, 2005
  6. you seem to be very defensive.......hmmmmmmm.........

#46     Jan 24, 2005
  7. I think that many people reading your post will be a bit defensive about it, jonny. I felt much the same way. I would be grateful if you'd reply to the question you were asked. Are you, or are you not, alleging a commercial motivation on the part of sidinuk?

#47     Jan 24, 2005
  8. wait for it.............................YES.................i am speculating that sidnuk and other handles are promoting a website.........

#48     Jan 24, 2005
  9. Fair enough, at least you're open enough to say so, rather than _only_ smearing him with innuendo. :)

Personally, I disagree with you about sidinuk, but that's your prerogative, of course.

Don't you think, though, that a more appropriate way to speculate about such things might be to contact the moderators rather than to make public allegations for which you have no more than suspicion? My point is simply that the reality of the internet is such that it's inevitably very much easier to tarnish people's reputations than it is to restore the damage done afterwards if it turns out that you're mistaken.

And another point: Sidinuk was originally commissioned (but without payment) to write the article concerned (which I found fascinating and immensely worthwhile and from which I learned a lot) for a UK website similar to this one. It's a valuable resource for the trading community, and so is his website. Even if you were right and I were wrong, do you really begrudge him the opportunity to publicise it a bit in this way?

#49     Jan 24, 2005

10. NO, i just thought you have pay for what he is doing, maybe im wrong.

#50     Jan 24, 2005