Example of actual trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by electron, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am back... I was in a car accident. I did survive, but a friend of mine did not.

I know that I was supposed to update this journal in October and even though I am physically pretty much fine, I am still a mental wreck, so I will return to this journal when the year is over.

Thanks for your patience...

#41     Dec 20, 2005
  2. StrategyRunner

StrategyRunner Strategy Runner, Ltd.

Anyone interested in Strategy development by SR
    please contact sales@streategyrunner.com

we have great experience in developing systems (running from the servers in your FCM)

#42     Dec 21, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

SR.

The originator of this thread mentions that he was in a car accident and his friend died and you reply with a blatant advertisement for your company. WTF are you thinking?

I don't know Electron but I would like to give my condolences and wish him well in his recovery.

ozzy

#43     Dec 21, 2005
  4. StrategyRunner

Ozzy,

I suggest to carefully think before responding to a post and if you do have nasty remarks send them in a privet message.

FYI

We (SR) sent Electron our condolences in a privet message . The reply was not for him , but for people wanted more info on Strategy dev , in our post there was no mention of electron nor was is directly lined to his last post.

Thanks,

SR Team

#44     Dec 22, 2005
  5. By the timestamps it looks like you posted an hour after Electron did, in a thread that had been dormant for the 3 previous months. The timing did, at least to me, look like you were responding to Electron. Why else did you suddenly choose to post that message in this one particular thread (that was started by Electron) at that particular time?

Anyway, like Ozzy I also found it offensive when I read it, I understand your explanation but I still think it shows poor judgement on your part.

Also you may want to proofread your posts a little more carefully. I don't think that you will be getting any emails sent to the address you posted "sales@streategyrunner.com" (unless you hurry up and register the domain STREATEGYRUNNER.COM)

#45     Dec 22, 2005
  6. To Electron:

Take it easy and enjoy the holidays as best as you can.

The market will still be here when you return and wish you a continued recovery (physically and mentally).

It's possible the guy posted in this thread via the quote pulled from electron's first message...

If this is the same program in reference...it may shed some light about why SR showed up in this thread and not any other thread that does not have a user using his program.

With that said...whenever we mention a personal tragedy within a trading discussion...

It's tough to determine when to start talking about trading again with that trader or with anyone else involved in the discussion in the presence of that trader (I'm speaking from experience).

Maybe, SR should have gotten electron's prior permission to post here and mention the software that electron is using due to the tragedy mentioned in electron's last post.

I am sure that could have prevented some from feeling offended by the timing of SR appearence in this thread in discussing the software to electron's readers like me.

Last of all, lets not forget this post by the moderator...

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#46     Dec 22, 2005
  7. StrategyRunner

Electron,

Please accept our sincere condolences on the death of your friend all of us wish you health and fast recovery.
    Also if anyone's feeling were hurt we apologize.

Let us all not forget that even though trading is our business, life and the health of our loved ones is more important then anything else.

We wish all of you happy holidays and good trading.
    Thank you,

The SR Team

#47     Dec 22, 2005
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Electron

I have been through a lot this year my self. So, I wish you strength and good health, the rest will come. Merry Christmas, Happy New year to you and your family. I remember our first conversation in 2003, as usually you were sharp and clever. I'm sure you will be back on your horse soon.
    Cheers.

#48     Dec 22, 2005
  9. Thanks to everybody for your good wishes. Thanks for PMs too, I will respond to them soon. I have not been to this site for months.

I was supposed to update this journal sooner, but again it's really hard to plan things after something like that...

In any case, I am doing it now. I also convinced my friend to share this method/system with others, so perhaps this delay was worth it. Not that it was hard to convince him as he has always been very generous to me and has helped me a lot during this tough time. Last week, he posted info about this method on his Yahoo.com group which is free to everyone.

More details in my next post.

#49     Apr 26, 2006
  10. I promised you a conclusion to this journal and so here it is eventually. Everything I promised to deliver and wanted to show you is in the zipped folder. You will find in there the following items:

1) the spreadsheet with the list of trades for 2005
    2) the continuation of this journal in a papertrading mode (a text file and a picture showing my performance for this period on a Ninja Trader simulator)
    3) the picture of my brokerage statement for September (all actual trades taken for this journal are accounted for in this statement)

I believe that the setup this little system is based on is profitable and my friend who invented it continues to use it although with discretion which he has always applied. Adapted for a strictly mechanical system, this setup failed to perform well in the last quarter of 2005 although the losses were pretty limited. It did not do particularly well in the third quarter of 2005 either.

My friend decided to share this system with others. He has a Yahoo group where he has been depositing some of the best materials on trading, futures trading in particular, that he has collected over the years. He used to post here and was quite prolific, but quit a few years back and does not post much anywhere else. The group is absolutely free to sign up and many have already done so. He has some vendor business, which he started not long ago, but there is no need to buy anything from him, no catch, to get info about this method. The Yahoo.com group is just his way of sharing his resources with others, so everyone can take advantage of it with no strings attached.

The group is located at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/trading_treasure_trove/.

Yes, I could post this here as well, but you can get much more by signing up for the group, so I don't think it makes much sense to duplicate my friend's effort here. Also, I do not intend to continue this thread, anyway.

Thanks for your interest in my journal and good luck in your trading. I have recently returned to trading and will most likely resume frequent posting on this board soon too. I am also planning to start another journal, however probably not sooner than Hong of ZLT develops charts that show entries and exits. That's actually all I need from ZLT charts.

#50     Apr 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.