Exactly how stupid is Bush??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Your welcome

#41     Apr 17, 2003
  2. I actually love the fact that lib's keep calling Bush dumb......He just goes about his business and keeps whipping them at their own game.....He's dumb all right...Dumb like a fox!!

#42     Apr 17, 2003
  3. Huh?

#43     Apr 17, 2003
  4. It's a liberal disease: calling the Republican president a dumb warmonger, just like the conservative's disease is to call the Democratic president a bleeding heart overspending wimp.

The partisan fool commoner is perfectly described, and he is overabundant.

#44     Apr 17, 2003
  5. Most current geopolitical analysis points out that the burgeoning influence of multinational corporate entities, the military-industrial complex (Eisenhower warned us!) and (Western-controlled) global financial bodies i.e. IMF, World Bank, WTO, has largely rendered the sovereign nation-state obsolete and impotent- a hollow concept now outmoded.

Considering this along with the state of so-called democratic elections of late, it is fair to say that paradigms such as 'Right/Left', 'Liberal/Conservative', or this and that party membership are certainly passe. And considering the state of the world, dwelling on such nonsense now is like arguing about who is going to man which oar of a lifeboat instead of just getting in the thing and getting underway.

True, the current situation re world orders, terrorism etc. is now indeed well under control and has been since the late '70s. Under whose control and to what ends is what needs to be carefully examined by people wishing to be responsible citizens.

For a good easily-read starting point and summary overview of recent events, I recommend the complete 911 timeline here:

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/index.html

Yes, Bush could be guaranteed the 2004 elections, since outfits connected to his family and the republican party have produced the new closed-source code voting software, exit polling has been discontinued, and dissent is being crushed. However, there are signs that the real powers-that-be could be getting ready to replace him, perhaps with a more sophisticated model. See Perfect Storm Part 1 and 2 here:

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/031903_perfect_storm_1.html

Also, Counterpunch.org rules and the dry-drunk material is well-documented and dead on.

#45     Apr 17, 2003
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

He did, a few times. But he doesn't know how to keep his word. :confused:

#46     Apr 17, 2003
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

I look at Presidents and the economy the same way I look at quarterbacks and football games. They are universally applauded and given the credit when things go well, so they should take the heat and not play the blame-game when things are not going well. I can absolutely, positively, undeniably, categorically promise you that if the economy were in good shape right now President Bush would be taking credit for it. However, since it's not.... :(

#47     Apr 17, 2003
  8. Doubter is totally right. Bungs arrogance statement was arrogant in itself. Bung is on the left, and as we all know, the left lives by the sword but does not die by the sword. A bunch of self loathing fools that think there opinion is the way the world should be totally direguarding the way thing actually are.

#48     Apr 17, 2003
  9. Rod, I beg to differ. It is your opinion that results in the turning of heads which would lead to another disaster. Our long term prosperity unfortunately will reside on our stance towards any type of organization that seeks harm on US citizens. Think about who we are dealing with. It is not a group of protestors that we are up against. These are miilitant groups wishing to do major harm to both our economy and people. How else are we supposed to deal with organizations that deal in human death? Please explain that to me becouse it seems that all the people on the left have only negative opinion w/o a real solution and are thinkers not doers.

Unfortunately we are in a situation where it is and eye for a head type scenario and any type of deal or discussion will need to be put on hold untill these people of this region realize the buck realy does stop with us.

#49     Apr 17, 2003
  10. Great thread Bung.

I agree Bush is every bit as dumb as you say, maybe even dumber. To watch him in a press conference is just painful. What I can add though is that the evil genius brainwashing of the American people that has occurred since 9/11 was not authored by W himself.

Cheney is smart. Rumsfeld is smart....

#50     Apr 17, 2003