Exact Science

Discussion in 'Trading' started by outsource, Sep 10, 2010.

1. charts

charts

Jack, on one hand you claim any school kid could successfully trade your methods (crayola, etc.). On the other hand there are few if any people claiming to have successfully mastered your methods. Are all the others shy or stupid? ... :)

#41     Sep 17, 2010
  2. Wow what a lame ass thread on Exact Sciences! I only read page 1 and the last page and I'm falling asleep at the table. I see JH's name so obviously he came on here with his oxygen depletion method of trading or whatever...

I too am BUYING a large position in Exact Sciences (EXAS) I think Mon.
    Here's the rub sometimes you run into a stock years ago that you thought was great
    and it hurts you so you doubt it all the way back up. That5's pretty much the case with EXAS and me. the bio spent 2006 & 2007 rangebound between $2.00 and $4.00 then it made it's first move of consequence into Jan 08'. At some inopportune time I bought the stock up near $5.00 and it preceded to roll over.

Now at present day one can learn by realizing that when EXAS prints over $6 easily last week that Exact is BREAKING OUT. This time it could be for real. I first got interested in these guys when a friend was describing his first colonoscopy. I immediately went looking for a substitute meathod that's how I came across the fecal guys ant EXAS!

We are awaiting trial data on this name*

Concept-Use a DNA stool sampler instead of a rotor rooter up your ass.

Grosss margins on kit would be 65%... of $150.00 per (I think this is in flux)

I hope to do all my DD again this Monday as I remember the problem with current virtual colonoscopies were that they requiored radiation to the patient and had false reads... Smear tests done at home aren't so accurate...somehow EXAS' DNA method is better I forget how. (this is truly stoned research!)

October 28th EXAS Validation Study will be released at a Conference. (I think that's the date. Deff in Oct.)

re the FDA-- people are excited because EXAS has hired a dude that got it done with a diagnostic co ThirdWave. With these bios catchingg them at the right point is important and I'm just not sure if this is it for EXAS, after all if successful thye date for FDA approval submission is in 2012 sometime... yet the stock has been moving in anticipation of this trial turning out well. Obviously the exciting part is the ENORMOUS patient population for colon cancer screening (12 million every year). With only 30% pennitration-- EXAS scores $1.2 BILLION.

You can see the stakes are high. If the Trial goes well there's no way these guy will will be allowed to grow-- someone will scoop them up. The goal is high detect 85% of cancers... existing tests smear tests done at home are about 55% correct, of course they are much cheaper so it's that 30% more effective area that tilts this bio northward. Perhaps more important Pre Cancers those legions that become full blown problems the smear and colonosopies they might nab 20% of them if their lucky... the DNA test ought to come in at over 50%!!!! and that's BIG.

This is a $15.00 stock. I said it in 2008 i say it now.~ stoney

#42     Sep 18, 2010
  3. No kidding, when your data is based on time, slow volume areas like those outside of RTH will look noisy. If you base your charts on volume (the only untainted aspect to a market), there isn't any "slow volume areas".

#43     Sep 18, 2010
  4. Banjo

Banjo

"I wonder, why i do see the same things over and over again.."

Everybody sees the same things over and over again, that's not the problem. The problem is defining when and in what order the same things are going to appear again.

"Yes you can. So why it is so obvious to you when you see the charts afterwards?"
    For the same reason it's obvious that it rained yesterday but next Wednesday's weather remains uncertain.

"And yes, you can measure feelings, instincts"
    You're not married are you.
    There actually exist a way for you to further your research. Locate some quantum entanglement boys and go play with them for awhile. Take aspirin, it will make your head hurt.

#44     Sep 18, 2010
  5. I have no problem seeing it in real-time.
    I even had it programmed so a computer could see it, read it, label it and trade it.

#45     Sep 18, 2010
  6. Banjo

Banjo

Just to be clear , I was quoting the OP, which is why it's in quotes in my post.

#46     Sep 18, 2010
  7. Apologies

#47     Sep 18, 2010
  8. we agree; paring down the market's data is what get the offer taken effectively and efficient;y.

Problem solving is probably best described as finding the work of art in a stone by taking away the piecs that do not matter.
    straingely I have always found the doing synthesis in a eeductive manner to best all ow me an approach for putting the pieces together.

It is hard for most to discover that there are so few pieces and that they are so precisely described.

A Precisely described full set of minimal pieces form an interlocking system that is fully idffierentiable.

Such systems are "principle" heavy" and they Have no noise not anomalies where most people have to spend so much time in a briar patch.

I feel nothing is good enough as a consequence.

I don't mind answering questions. I am also used to rejection.

Ansering questions adds value to ant topic. Throwing away anything is not a loss for that person nor me either.

In trading it is all about the pieces and they have to be sweated to put the pieces together properly.

#48     Sep 20, 2010
  9. People choose whether trading is an exact science.

The shortcut is choosing the exact route.

Intelligence is not a requirement; anyone who has expereinced fifth grade can take the shortcut. After teenage it gats slower simpl becuase of the neural haircut everyone gets.

#49     Sep 20, 2010
  10. To keep the trip brief, begin with liquidity. Illiquidity will stop any systemic work from being completed.

#50     Sep 20, 2010