Ex Wall st trader commits suicide in COURT.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Jun 29, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

cut out the pious dribble or be ridiculed as a troll.

#31     Jun 30, 2012
  2. tortoise

tortoise

this may just be my single favorite ET post of all time.

#32     Jun 30, 2012
  3. What ever happened to you need 10,000 hours of practice, in this case arson, to be good at something?

A good trader would have known that the odds of getting away with arson in Joe Arpaio's Maricopa county is slim or none. Arpaio is the sheriff who has all the aliens running for their lives.

#33     Jul 1, 2012
  4. my favorite are the people who immediately post : "RIP. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. May he rest in peace."

As if they are some saint and want to see other comments praising them for such kindness.

These are the same people who scream at the guy at counter for not giving proper change, or not leaving the green light on time, or worse...

Some stupid lady once said to me last year, "why talk about the markets or current events when thousands died in Pearl Harbor."

Then I quickly explained to her how many died in Russia, China, USA civil war, etc....and asked her if every conversation should be on the Great Leap Forward until a worse disaster occurs.

this guy reminds me of many of the online guru frauds.....

#34     Jul 1, 2012
  5. If only it was Corzine.

#35     Jul 1, 2012
  6. Good1

Good1

Gotta hand it to Jim Traficant. Went into prison when he was what, 50+? Faced 8.5 years...served 7.5...would not plea bargain out. Maintained innocence the whole time.

Recently, i have been denied in court three times on really trivial matters compared to these folks. But i've gotta tell you, when those orders come down, it's some of the worst feelings in the world.

#36     Jul 5, 2012
  7. Book Description
    Publication Date: September 28, 2001

Refreshingly honest, highly irreverent, and wickedly funny confessions by Michael J. Marin.

Inside ... if you dare ... go on safari with a deliciously profane and entertaining guide to the Asian financial jungle who will show you a decade of pillage and plunder you could not have imagined and that you will never forget.

Meet the Human Drill Bit.

Discover what really happened when Yasuo Hamanaka lost close to Three Billion Dollars trading copper for Sumitomo Corporation.

Experience the terror of the chairish sinkish thing. Find out what keeps the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank up at night worrying about Asia.

Collect some great ideas for elaborate practical jokes and sophisticated money laundering.

Marvel at the dire consequences of hysterical greed. See Japan through the eyes of a foreigner who lived and worked there for 12 years, who speaks fluent Japanese, and who understands the culture well enough to tell when the emperor has no clothes.

Get the kind of candid perspective you can only get from an erstwhile wunderkind who doesn't give a rat's ass if he ever works on Wall Street again.

Meet the Human Drill Bit...............?

:D

the current honour roll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trading_losses

#37     Oct 6, 2012
  8. Don't tell that to some of the unemployed freaks around here. :Eek:

#38     Oct 6, 2012

9. The amusing part is almost anyone on that list could open a fund and raise 100 plus million very quickly-- that is if they legitimately lost the money meaning no fraud.

Wall Street is in awe of big money regardless of if you won or lost it. BUT once you aren't trusted, you might as well give it up,,,,,,,,,,,

#39     Oct 6, 2012
  10. Our system is wrong

Current system rewards these maniacs most probably Alpha males full of greed to manage large corporations, funds, operations etc

System is wrong

#40     Oct 7, 2012