Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. i have buried 3 parents and the fourth is dying. i harbor no illusions about an afterlife. there is no evidence there is one and what your faith may tell you has no bearing on reality.

#51     Apr 14, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

This is what's wrong with hard-core rationalists.

#52     Apr 14, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do you know where we might find one?

#53     Apr 14, 2011
  4. are you trying to say faith has a bearing on reality? something either is or it isnt. what you may believe will not change reality.

#54     Apr 14, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

What I'm saying is that you do not know how to talk to real people.

#55     Apr 14, 2011
  6. this is a public debate forum. it isnt sunday school where everybody says amen no matter what the claim.
    if i were invited to jems dads funeral and his priest went on and on about being in heaven i would not say anything. there is a time and a place for everything.

#56     Apr 14, 2011
  7. you must be way out there when you are right of ann coulter:
    " You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. Obama has produced his birth certificate. There were announcements that ran in two contemporaneous Hawaiian newspapers at the time. The head of the Hawaiian medical records has announced, 'I have seen the long form you all want.' I don't know why the long form is considered more credible than the short form. They're both from the same office. The State Department accepts the short form or as we call it, the birth certificate," Ann Coulter told FOX News' "Hannity."

#57     Apr 14, 2011
  8. As a matter of, you know, actual Constitutional law, if Hawaii says it's real, all the other states AND the Federal Gov't have to accept it as real.
    Because, you know, it's a freakin' nation, not an alliance of sovereign states.
    The Constitution deliberately and with all kinds of malice aforethought starts with "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union", to distinguish it from the previous Articles of Confederation. It's also why "provide for the common defence" is right there in the preamble, so that no state would get the idea it wasn't going to have its citizens called on to defend the nation in time of war.
    As a nation made up of republics each of which was expected to make and execute most of the laws having to do with everyday life, some things had to be prohibited for other states to do. One of these is a prohibition against attempting to deny the citizenship status of a citizen of another state. It's about as fundamental as it gets.
    If you don't get that, you quite literally don't get the United States. Any state law attempting to tell another state what certification that state requires to prove the citizenship of a person from the other state will see that law thrown out with great force by the Supreme Court. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool.

#58     Apr 14, 2011
  9. jem

jem

the only problem with your post is that it is pinko website fiction.

full faith and credit is use to enforce judgments and court orders...

As far as proclamation of birth dates and residency... ... you use the best evidence in court.

Real life law... florida's tax office does not even accept a florida drivers license as proof of residency.... when you claim florida residency... you have to prove it to the tax offices satisfaction.

Which sometimes requires real lawyering not pinko baloney.

#59     Apr 14, 2011
  10. One state recognizing the citizenship status of another state's citizens isn't "pinko website fiction". It's in the Constitution, and it's there for the very simple reason that without it, you don't have a nation. If you don't get that, you have no business whatsoever commenting on this issue.

#60     Apr 14, 2011