Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. #41     Apr 13, 2011
  2. Mercor

Mercor

[​IMG]

#42     Apr 13, 2011
  3. RECOGNIZING AND CELEBRATING THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ENTRY OF HAWAII INTO THE UNION AS THE 50TH STATE -- (Senate - July 28, 2009)
    [Page: S8210] GPO's PDF
    ---

Mr. INOUYE. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the Senate proceed to the immediate consideration of S. Res. 225, submitted earlier today.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The clerk will report the resolution by title.

The assistant bill clerk read as follows:

A resolution (S. Res. 225) recognizing and celebrating the 50th anniversary of the entry of Hawaii into the Union as the 50th State.

There being no objection, the Senate proceeded to consider the resolution.

Mr. INOUYE. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the resolution be agreed to, the preamble be agreed to, the motions to reconsider be laid upon the table, with no intervening action or debate, and any statements related to the resolution be printed in the Record.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, it is so ordered.

The resolution (S. Res. 225) was agreed to.

The preamble was agreed to.

The resolution, with its preamble, reads as follows:

S. Res. 225

Whereas August 21, 2009, marks the 50th anniversary of Proclamation 3309, signed by Dwight D. Eisenhower, which admitted Hawaii into the Union in compliance with the Hawaii Admission Act (Public Law 86-3; 73 Stat. 4), enacted into law on March 18, 1959;

Whereas Hawaii is a place like no other, with people like no other, and bridges mainland United States to the Asia-Pacific region;

Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961;

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r111:S28JY9-0049:

#43     Apr 13, 2011
  4. jem

jem

I could care less about entertainers who pose as media on CNN Fox MSNBC or the old neworks...
    Its the logic that matters.

When you can tell me:

1. you or the courts have seen the best evidence and
    2. the supreme court has provided the definition of Natural born citizen... you will have an informed position.

If you say you know before then you are as ignorant as any obamaloon on T.V. or dope on the right.

#44     Apr 14, 2011
  5. Jem you are a piece of work. we can go to any of the god threads and find that you will argue constantly that there is some invisible deity in the sky simply because unbelievers cant prove it does not exist.
    yet on this subject you reject all evidence until you see it even though it has been studied to death by experts. i am sure the irony goes right over your head.

why dont we just wait for your boy donald trump to dig up the smoking gun. i am sure he will find something. here is his first report:

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...nates-trumps-hawaii-birther-investigators.php

#45     Apr 14, 2011
  6. jem

jem

If I told you in the HI records dept was a bible and that in the bible it said the date of Jesus' birth and where he was born
    would you believe me or would you ask to see it?

I have faith there is a God. You know I have never stated that it is a fact there is a God.

The difference between faith, fact... evidence is important.

1. I have faith in God.

2. The amazing fine tunings in the universe are evidence of design

3. There newspaper announcements are evidence Obama was born in HI... but far from conclusive when the best evidence is the original docs... why not wait for the originals?

4. Finally, it is a fact that the Supreme Court has not provided the definition of Natural Born Citizen. It is possible they could say it means born in America to two Americans.

#46     Apr 14, 2011
  7. if there were such evidence i would at least be more convinced that jesus existed. nothing more. but it does not.

what if i told you that the bible books recording jesus birth was written a generation after he died by unknown authors that never met jesus and that even those original accounts are lost and that all we have are copies of copies would you doubt his existence?

#47     Apr 14, 2011
  8. jem

jem

I know that some scholars if not the majority hold that position... They may be correct.
    however,
    I have done the research and believe there is evidence Jesus existed.... that he is God is a tougher question.

I do sometimes wonder about the 2 parts of the trinity... it is a challenging concept.

For instance my 79 year old dad is dying... of course you have to examine your faith and see how much your really believe there is an afterlife and whether the promises Jesus made in the bible are real. It's natural to question.

#48     Apr 14, 2011
  9. Birther and politics aside best wishes to you and your family

#49     Apr 14, 2011
  10. its not challenging to a free thinker. its made up bs. early christians were faced with a problem. the bible clearly says there is only one god. when the jesus character came along and christians tried to elevate him to god status they had a problem. the solution was to make up the trinity explaination.

Sometimes Christian apologists say there are only three options to who Jesus was: a liar, a lunatic or the Lord. But there is a fourth option: legend. (Bart Ehrman American New Testament scholar)

#50     Apr 14, 2011