Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I wish there was a different democrat in office,but I would never bet against Obama

#31     Apr 12, 2011
  2. jem

jem

Pick out one piece of nonsense...

you are the person who misunderstands the fact that obama himself has never produced a birth certificate. Never said this is my record and its accurate.

The only sane position is to say... you do not know where is was born.

#32     Apr 13, 2011
  3. I do not know where anyone was born,but in this country an official state certified birth certificate establishes time and place of birth for all legal purposes

#33     Apr 13, 2011
  4. jem

jem

You have seen one, which Obama said is his and its accurate? Because you are right you do not know where anyone was born.

That is how you logically approach questions of fact.
    You start off not knowing... then you go to the source.

#34     Apr 13, 2011
  5. Mercor

Mercor

This brings back an age old question of Philosophy.

If you have a file and nobody can see it, does it exist?

#35     Apr 13, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The beauty of this "debate" is that any document whatsoever, presented by a person in any position whatsoever, can be challenged for authenticity. Why? Because there is no ultimate authority, like God, to say, "this one is final". Thus, if you want to doubt, there is no reason whatsoever for you to stop.

Authority, eye-witnesses, paper, stamps, seals, personnel, vaults, etc., they can all be compromised, faked and/or defeated.

Throw in the feedback loop of conspiracy, ie. missing information indicates the conspiracy is deeper, stronger than we thought, and you have the conditions you need for this debate to last for the rest of your life and beyond.

#36     Apr 13, 2011
  7. jem

jem

but the point of the debate is lets get as close as we can to the source.

right now... obama has not vouched for any thing. You do not find that odd?

in other words it is so sticky a situation... Obama is playing games.... why? I do not know... perhaps he is covering up some other fact like a name change?

We are not anywhere near the best evidence.
    Which we all know we be the original birth record.

1. so only fools think they "know" where he was born. Sure I think there is a better than 50 percent chance he was born in HI... but my speculation won't even get you a spare cup at 7 11.
    2. and only the insane think they know the legal definition of natural born citizen.

#37     Apr 13, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Vouching for it gives it undeserved credence. He is best to ignore it, and let the people who issue and archive birth certificates handle it according to their legislated mandate.

Left, right, center, just about everyone except a handful of the conspiracy prone (and of course the haters looking for any angle of attack), think this discussion is without merit.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, rather I'm practicing my writing and my smart phone text entry skills. So please, continue!

#38     Apr 13, 2011
  9. jem

jem

Well I am expecting a few of the states to safeguard the constitution. If they do not, then I will know I system is so corrupt it may be beyond repair.

A presidential candidate should have to prove he meets the constitutional requirement to get on the ballot.

No american should argue with that.

#39     Apr 13, 2011
  10. when you are right of billo you might want to think about what your motives are:
    Bill O'Reilly Debunks Obama Myths: He 'Does Have A Legitimate Birth Certificate'

#40     Apr 13, 2011