Ex Dutch Prime Minister: USA is a rogue state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TigerO, Apr 26, 2004.

1. nice try

#41     Apr 27, 2004

2. Obviously the US was the key participant in the assault on the German western front. That's a fact so clear not even somebody as versed in self-deception as yourself can escape it. But I'll give you points for trying.

And I'm rather puzzled by the paragraph you quoted, which says nothing about the liberators of the Netherlands.

#42     Apr 27, 2004
  3. ...still not paying attention.

Not one question (or even misguided rant) about the Bekaa Valley. Not one mention in 6 pages of continuous posts.

While the keys to the kingdom lie buried beneath poppy fields, continued disinterest and pointless bickering over WWII and the distinction between Germans and Dutchmen.

You guys are smart and bold to boot. A friend of mine is a day trader like I asume many of you are. He referred me to this site. Successful day traders are logical, intelligent and gutsy.

Put that to use. Find the dots and connect them. Get off of this yakity-yak board for a while and do some meaningful research. Use the analytical skills you have honed to identify and follow trends and values.

Dump the politics for just a bit and go dig.

I shouldn't have to hold your hand and show you everything.

Or, then again, keep wasting your time arguing.

#43     Apr 27, 2004
  4. Fuck off grandad

And why we're at - why are you bothering to waste your time if this is such a waste of time -we'll do what we want, when we want, take our humour when we want, do our research when we want, fuck our wives when we want, play with our children when we want, trade the markets when we want - which may also co incide with when there are good trades to make - eat, sleep, go out, in fact whatever we want, whenever we want. We don't need some big mouth who probably hasn't been trading for that long or with much sucess telling us how to run our fucking lives. I've been trading for ten years. On a good day I may trade 15 to 20 thousand lots in the bund or the ten year, and I don't require snivelling little shits like you lording it around, over me or my mates. So fuck off and do your baby research somewhere else. Actually, just fuck off. wanker.

#44     Apr 28, 2004
  5. LRD

LRD

Who are we? Just human beings, same as you. That's not pompous or self-righteous - not being a citizen of the world's superpower does not make your views and rights irrelevant. Empires fall when they become arrogant and overreach their power. Happened to Rome, happened to us.

I'm not sure I understand why your reaction to the great fortune of your birth as an American is so much anger towards the rest of the world. Shouldn't you be pleased?

Also, if Europe is so irrelevant, why do you give a pair of Dingo's kidneys whether or not European countries support your war? Surely if you're in charge now you can manage perfectly well without France, Spain and Liechtenstein? Why so angry?

#45     Apr 28, 2004
  6. TigerO

TigerO

I guess the anger stems from the total mess we've created, add in that the lack of WMD's (vs an abundance of WMDeception, lol) causes quite some cognitive dissonance, and, hey presto, you've got yourself some very muddled people.

As muddled people often have a hard time finding a way out of their self imposed state, they resort to anger. Sort of like Bush, actually.

:D

#46     Apr 28, 2004
  7. I don't. But it is precisely that falacy -- that the war on terror is "America's War" and not the civilized world's -- that indicates a typical abdication of responsibility in the face of blood-thirsty evil which explains better than anything else why Europe sans Britain is in a state of inevitable decline.

But despite Europe's claimed superiority in thought and action, most of us in this Good and Great nation know better. You are nothing more than the worst of hypocrites and would not hesitate one bit to cut a deal with the devil himself if there were some extra Euros in it for you.

So that is why we treat your stated objections with such disdain. We simply know that you are, as our good buddies the French say, full of merde.

#47     Apr 28, 2004
  8. TigerO

TigerO

The only fallacy I see here is that certain people actually erroneously think we are doing anything against terror, when all we have been doing is give it a great old promotion drive for free, whilst raping a harmless country so we can then rob it, all courtesy of the spin, lies and deceit of Coward-in-Chief Dubya Bush.

#48     Apr 28, 2004
  9. LRD

LRD

I think the problem is that some people don't believe that countering terrorism is best achieved by invading places. That doesn't mean that those people think terrorists are great guys or that their threat should be ignored.

You make a very good point when you say that this conbflict is the civilised world's (I'm assuming that you are happy to include Europe amongst the civilised world, for which many thanks). Since you admit that this is our problem too, you must allow us to have an input into how we deal with the problem.

The American government may be right. Personally I think it is unlikely, I just don't see the logic in turning nations against us as a means to dealing with angry groups internationally, but I am of course happy to admit that I'm not in possession of all the facts. But when intelligent people whom I respect - in Europe, in America and around the world - express such misgivings with the way things are being conducted, I have to listen.

As you say, it's all of our problem. That means the solution should be all of ours too. And that means listening to each other.

#49     Apr 28, 2004
  10. TigerO

TigerO

lol, particularly places that had nothing, zilch, nada to do with international terror -- until we invaded them for totally cooked up reasons, diverting limited resources from what should have been the number one priority, fighting international terror and it's causes, but which unfortunately was neglected because we just happen to have a bunch of deranged, corrupt and incredibly dangerous Neo-Con nutters who have hijacked this country running the place until they get kicked out come November, I sincerely hope for the security and stability of this planet, if we actually want to fight terror and it's causes as opposed to strengthening it, that is, and for the sake of democracy, civil rights, and judicial due process in the US itself.

#50     Apr 28, 2004