Ex Dutch Prime Minister: USA is a rogue state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TigerO, Apr 26, 2004.

1. thanks BM.

I must say, the speech Churchill gave to Parliment to stand our ground is awesome.

ttfn

#31     Apr 27, 2004
  2. Where are you from, PP? Based on that reasoned judgment, I may have to now exclude your country from my broad indictment of Western Europe ex Britain.

#32     Apr 27, 2004
  3. Just goes to show what the right leadership can do for a country-unite.Bush shows what the wrong leadership can do-divide.

#33     Apr 27, 2004
  4. Try this on gents

We shall go on to the end,
    we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
    we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender

If that doesn't get you, your heart must have stopped.

#34     Apr 27, 2004

5. England dear boy, ENGLAND

#35     Apr 27, 2004
  6. Oh, duh to me. You are British! I should have known, mate. That's great. Then I won't have to modify my opinion of continental Europe (which is actually more fact than opinion).

Thank you cousin for remaining steadfast in the face of tyranny, and thanks especially to the great Winston and the unparalleled Iron Lady.

#36     Apr 27, 2004
  7. And so the special relationship goes on.

As a favour to the old mother nation, could I ask you Yanks to use the term 'cuntinental europeans' - helps us feel special, even if world power we no longer are.

#37     Apr 27, 2004
  8. I think I can speak for all of us in saying absolutely.

Our special relationship is based not only on our shared history, but also on the shared burden that only our two great nations are capable of bearing on behalf of the entire world. Namely, to defend against, confront and ultimately defeat the great evils of our age. That and also to stomach the sickening French.

#38     Apr 27, 2004
  9. msfe

msfe

Prince Philip - a "cuntinental European" ?

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, was born Prince of Greece and Denmark in Corfu on 10 June 1921; the only son of Prince Andrew of Greece. His paternal family is of Danish descent - Prince Andrew was the grandson of King Christian IX of Denmark. His mother was Princess Alice of Battenberg, the eldest child of Prince Louis of Battenberg and sister of Earl Mountbatten of Burma. Prince Louis became a naturalised British subject in 1868, joined the Royal Navy and rose to become an Admiral of the Fleet and First Sea Lord in 1914. During the First World War he changed the family name to Mountbatten and was created Marquess of Milford Haven. Prince Philip adopted the family name of Mountbatten when he became a naturalised British subject and renounced his Royal title in 1947.

Prince Louis married one of Queen Victoria's granddaughters. Thus, The Queen and Prince Philip both have Queen Victoria as a great-great-grandmother. They are also related through his father's side. His paternal grandfather, King George I of Greece, was Queen Alexandra's brother.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page413.asp

#39     Apr 27, 2004
  10. TigerO

TigerO

Well don't worry about that world power part, you're not alone at that end of the road, if you'll ignore reasons given vs results for a moment, ie the fact that the Iraq war did nothing but promote terror and was based on nothing but lies, anyway if you'll just ignore that for a moment and instead look at the way we bungled the job itself one year down the road, already dealing with just one country we're totally over-extended troop, capability and results wise, dealing with a totally impoverished 3rd world country, no less, and not the likes of China or even North Korea et al, you'll come to the conclusion pretty quickly that whatever we are, World Power it ain't.:D

Cheers

#40     Apr 27, 2004