Ex Dutch Prime Minister: USA is a rogue state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TigerO, Apr 26, 2004.

1. It wasn't a comparison. It was a reference to a point I made to the ridiculous Tiger in another one of his idiotic threads that all of Europe would have been overrun by the Gerries in WWII were it not for America. But, as I said to him, if you prefer, I will be happy to refer to the Dutch and other Europeans as "Russians" instead in light of the fact that you'd be living under Soviet domination had we not saved you from them in the Cold War. It's your call.

#21     Apr 27, 2004
  2. TigerO

TigerO

Good point.

Unfortunately education has never been a strong point in the large American Red Neck faction, a majority of whom equally erroneously and incredibly to this day believe, an amazing feat which isolates them from the educated and civilized world at large, Bushs lies that Saddam was behind 9-11, posed a "huge and imminent threat"(Bush) to the USA, and had connections to international terror and al Qaeda.

That's what happens when you live in Red Neck territory, aren't really educated or interested in what happens in the world as long as you have a leader telling you what to do, and all the news you get to watch is Fox.:D

#22     Apr 27, 2004
  3. LRD

LRD

Liking someone doesn't mean you have to think everything they do is right though, does it? I mean, I've got friends who act like idiots when they're drunk, and I try to help them correct their mistakes. I think a lot of what some Americans see as "anti-Americanism" is not that at all - if we are indeed your friends then shouldn't you listen to our concerns and ask yourselves whether you really are doing the right thing?

Incidentally, I see the whole thing as a huge grey area and I don't know what's right or wrong. I suspect that the current US policy will be counter-productive in the long term and it makes me scared. That doesn't make me hate America or Americans, quite the contrary - I love the place and most of its people.

But don't call the French loathsome, that's just pointless racism.

#23     Apr 27, 2004
  4. TigerO

TigerO

A B S O L U T E L Y !!!

All the non-Americans I regularly talk with make a very clear distinction between the Administration on the one hand, and Americans themselves on the other.

What is loathed is this Administration, not Americans.

Besides, loathing the entire American people would be just as idiotic, pointless and plain unfounded as this American Red Neck fashion of claiming they hate France, you can dislike an individual or a policy, but realistically not an entire country or an entire people.

#24     Apr 27, 2004
  5. on average.

#25     Apr 27, 2004
  6. Dear old hello dollars

I owuld just like to remind you that whilst Amercia stayed firmly OUT of world war II our asses were firmly back against the wall but we stood our ground - our tiny little island, and actaully we are the ones that turned the tide. Indeed we could not have won the war without you, but dispite facing what became pretty much the whole of europe, we faced those motherfuckers down while you kept out of it. Britain and the US have, and should forever have closer ties than with any other nations, but please allow for the fact that we played a pretty significant part.

As for the dutch boys - I think you may well find that if they could have found a way to fight, they would have done, but Germany by then had become so powerful it would have served little purpose but waste of life.

As far as iraq is concerned, I think it may be fair to say that the management is not making such a good job.

Tata

#26     Apr 27, 2004
  7. I say we keep our troops in Iraq... the more of em that die, the more time people will have to think of what the fuck we are doing there, and ultimately recognize that we are the bad guys...

#27     Apr 27, 2004
  8. It's precisely that kind of pompous self-righteousness that drives us crazy. Who are you Europeans to tell us what the "right thing" is. Europe is the epitome of hypocricy, self-dealing and appeasement. And how many messes have you created that we've been forced to clean up for you? The arrogance is unbelievable.

Listen, you are no longer world powers. In fact, you are barely relevant. Your time has come and long gone. America is now your daddy. So I suggest you deal with it, junior, and stop acting like the recalcitrant son before I have to give you a timeout.

By the way, since when did the French become a race? An obnoxious tribe, perhaps. But race, no.

#28     Apr 27, 2004
  9. i would like to add that I believe that if Hitler had decided to invade Britain rather than try to bomb her into submission the war may have been over much sooner.Churchill had those people in such a state of mind that Hitler would have had to kill every last Brit in order to take Britain.I dare say it was the British resolve that ultimately won the war.

P.S.I am an American

#29     Apr 27, 2004
  10. do you think we could find a way to separate the french from being europeans ?

lrd you are just plain wrong . the french suck.

except when you stop off at a little auberge in the laungedoc. They are just the most charming people you could ever think off. Try and speak thier language and they will do anything for you. Do the same in Paris and the response is absolutely the reverse - so I say

fuck the Parisiennes - and i'm douly glad if i spelt that increectly

#30     Apr 27, 2004