EWZ is like a 3x dow ETF

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by stock_trad3r, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pdwst33

pdwst33

Great explanation. It's just that simple then. What Brazilian stock is in the Dow? Drawing loose correlations like this based on what, a three day performance (?), and throwing it out there is ludicrous.

#11     Aug 24, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I now know that you have not a clue about anything even relating to this market.

EWZ tracks the DOW????

WTF are you talking about.

EWZ DOES NOT TRACK THE DOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12     Aug 24, 2007
  3. Maybe thats why I know how to make money? Maybe you should try making money for a change. :p

#13     Aug 24, 2007
  4. pdwst33

pdwst33

Quote: "When the dow surges, ewz surges because MSCI Brazilian Market Index is also going up

When the dow fell 3% intraday a few thursdays ago so did EWZ and MSCI Brazilian Market Index but to a greater degree. "

So because of the uni-directional trading events a few thursdays ago, we can go ahead and draw a broad based conclusion that Brazil and the Dow are linked. Why bother doing a historical analysis dating back 1, 3, 5, or more years? Why bother doing any kind of correlation modeling, let's just put blanket statements out there? This is fantastic reading.

#14     Aug 24, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

You know how to make money???

You told everyone that EWZ and the DOW track each other. Where you get that info is just beyond me. You dont even know what an ETF is.

#15     Aug 24, 2007
  6. lakka

lakka

does not track the the dow but correlates pretty close these days.

thx for mentioning

#16     Aug 24, 2007
  7. yea check out the stock_trad3r index. Outpacing the S&P 500 by 14%.

#17     Aug 24, 2007
  8. pdwst33

pdwst33

"Buy & Hold." Yet you didn't utter a word during last week's carnage....NOWHERE to be found. You're terribly predictable.

#18     Aug 24, 2007
  9. If you think the bashing is bad now it would have been about 5x worse last week cause every single ET bear was in full force. Even I have step back and let things unfold. Also I posted, but not as much.

#19     Aug 24, 2007
  10. EWZ surging higher

up upside from here

w3rd

#20     Aug 24, 2007