EWT, LLC Los Angeles Prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bl7077, Nov 10, 2006.

1. bl7077

bl7077

2. It says Vincent Viola, wasn't he the CEO of the NYMEX or something like that?

Don :confused:

3. minmike

minmike

Would be a good place to start

4. Surdo

Surdo

VINCENT VIOLA was the chairman of NYMEX Holdings, Inc, and from March 2001 to March 2004 served as chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. He served as vice chairman of the Exchange from 1993 to 1996, and served on the Exchange board of directors in the at-large category from 1987 to 1990.

Mr. Viola is the founder and sole owner of Pioneer Futures, which is a clearing member of both divisions of the New York Mercantile Exchange and the New York Board of Trade.

http://www.pioneerfutures.com/?pg=about

5. Is this the same guy? I never met Mr. Viola in person.

Don

6. Yes.

7. artis74

artis74

One and the same. I know Vinny from my old NYMEX/COMEX days.

8. Oh, I see. I believe he was partners with Mike Picozzi in the old Andover operation.

Looks like a different area of the business this time around. In any event, all the best to their venture.

Don

9. mindcraft

mindcraft

So how exactly does one know if a firm like EWT is profitable and worth working for?

Anyone have any idea about the trading and profits that go on inside this firm?

10. speedboy

speedboy

Yes he was. He tried his best to not let people know about this. He also just bought a stake in the New Jersey Nets basketball franchise with Bruce Rattner and JayZ.

#10     Nov 28, 2006