Evolving Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by oldtime, Oct 20, 2011.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Market_(European_Union)

The European Union's (EU) Internal Market (sometimes known as the Single Market, formerly the Common Market) seeks to guarantee the free movement of goods, capital, services, and people – the EU's four freedoms – within the EU's 27 member states.[1]

#31     Oct 21, 2011
  2. I never use to use stops, but when I started trading forex I just couldn't stay awake long enough to watch it all the time. I ran the same system in a paper account with no stops and it was actually less volatile than the real account, because of the return to mean factor.

But you know the deal, want to run with no stops? Reduce size.

#32     Oct 21, 2011
  3. LOL.

i do the opposite, i run only with stops, hard ones and manuell or mental ones.
    And i increase risk.

LOL.

Guess who makes more money.....

:D :D :D

#33     Oct 21, 2011
  4. In spite of all the trouble, I would probably choose Greece. I like the women and even though I am a vegetarian I like lamb. but mostly I like the music. A very good balance between spirituality and eroticism, or what ever you call the desire for beautiful dark women. But then heck after six weeks there and you go up to Sweden and you would probably be knocked out by all the blondes.

#34     Oct 21, 2011
  5. yeah, but you have time to make it all back if you lose it. That's why old people are more conservative.

#35     Oct 21, 2011
  6. But getting back to Opie's post, I was wondering if any of you work with strategies that evolve over time, either based on results or just simply over time?

#36     Oct 21, 2011
  7. ÕÓÅÐÎ!!...

#37     Oct 21, 2011
  8. so this system i'm working on periodically reduces size on your biggest loser but it adds to your second biggest loser. It doesn't touch your biggest winner, but it adds to your second best winner.

You still need to come up with the big idea, but if you have an idea, it is curious how it adds size when things are going your way and reduces size when things get stagnant.

it's just a money management system to implement whenever you become 51% biased. You make less when you are outright right, but you lose less when you are outright wrong. But it gives you some staying power in the chop.

So that's just a simple beginners strategy that evolves over time based on results.

I was just wondering if any of you guys who get into it deep have any thoughts on strategies that evolve.

If you go to the EA forum you will see a kid who wrote an MT4 portfolio profit taker system which is what I use (just discretionary, don't have MT4) and is why I am kind of giddy and have nothing better to do but discuss obscure strategies because it takes quite a boring while to build up another portfolio.

#38     Oct 21, 2011
  9. so whether you trade once an hour (which I would guess is the minimum) or once a week which for me would be the maximum (depending on size) it's a given that you will always take a loss, Because you always lighten up on the biggest loser (unless it is already down to minimum size.)

So the stop loss (which most traders are most concerned about) becomes a function of time and size rather than price.

#39     Oct 21, 2011
  10. Hi newtime,

Time is very important in my trading. I give my trades only a specific time for working.

That is called: Time Stop !!!

If time is over, i am out, because all odds are changing !!!

My trading is only about Price & Time, nothing else !!!

cheers

#40     Oct 31, 2011