Evolving Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by oldtime, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I guess it depends on how you define idiot nerds. If I was one I would kind of be proud about it.

An idiot nerd is a guy who in spite of almost all anecdotal evedince will actually skip the bullshit and reduce it to numbers and run them.

Like cut your profits short and let your profits ride, the idiot nerd is the guy who actually figures out if over time that is a good idea.

Would it make you feel better if I called you a "Big Cool Number Guy?

then we'd have to change it because BCNG is not good, but you wouldn't know that because you are an idiot nerd.

#21     Oct 21, 2011
  2. LOL. Now, you really were funny.

I respect you for your hard trading and also for your age.

no worries about my german issue, i not even live in good old germany. LOL.

Sausages and beer. LOL.

Prost !!!:p

#22     Oct 21, 2011
  3. at any rate, do any of you Big Cool Number Guys work on strategies that evolve over time? Especially adapting to trending from choppy markets and visa versa?

#23     Oct 21, 2011
  4. where do you live now?

#24     Oct 21, 2011
  5. In the sun !!!

Espana

:) :) :)

#25     Oct 21, 2011
  6. that's cool. In america, people move around all the time, but within the country. Very few move even to Canada or Mexico. Just wondering how it is in Europe. Do Italians just pick up and move to Finland? or is it a big deal. Here you can move from NYC to LA and you don't have to tell anybody, not even your wife.

#26     Oct 21, 2011
  7. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

The mercanary concept is to point out that I do not care whether bulls or bears win the fight. I just want to be on the winning side....like a mercanary would.

As for evolving a strategy,...YES I adapt it to the market at hand. However, I have a system that I think works well in both choppy and trending markets by allowing for wider stops as the market trends more and more. Initially I use TIGHT stops and then as the move matures I get wider in my stops as I trail the market in the direction of my trade. So the more it trends the more paper profit I am willing to give up to allow myself room to get the meat out of the trend. In choppy markets I make small wins and in trends I make bigger wins.

#27     Oct 21, 2011
  8. yes.

as german citizien, i can life and work in every country in the EU.
    i dont know, if this is only for the west european countries, or also for the ones in the east, like Romania...??

But yes, many people move around, but i think the most go in the south (Spain, Italy), because of the weather, of course, young and old people.

You only must register yourself in the new country on the police station or at the townhall.

Yes, that is cool thing !!!

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personenfreizügigkeit

#28     Oct 21, 2011