Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: The Experts Speak

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slammajamma, Feb 15, 2004.

1. I see you have joined the ranks of axeman, GG, LS and others who can do little but engage in personal attacks and ad hominem responses.

Very predictable.

My time and how it is spent is fully and completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

#41     Feb 18, 2004
  2. LOL, but you think it's okay to accuse people of hubris and arrogance? You're a phoney, ART. I see right through your little game. I'm calling you out.

#42     Feb 18, 2004
  3. Aphex, by your standard, severe restrictions would have to be placed on the teaching of earth science for example. The belief that the core of the earth is molten iron, is well, just a belief. No one has ever tested it, no one has ever visited the center of the earth. We don't know if there is another explanation for earth's magnetic field, we are simply extrapolating from smaller instances of physical objects and concluding that the field is powered by the Earth's core. The process of plantetary science in many ways is not dissimilar in essence or procedure from that of evolution.

No one is claiming that Geologic science should be proscribed in a certain manner or that a competing theory emerging out of science be taught. The reason of course, is that there is no compelling biblical claim on the composition of the core of the earth.

#43     Feb 18, 2004
  4. stu

stu

Still doesn't explain a thing.

You still need a method to know what in the "zone" is

#44     Feb 19, 2004
  5. #45     Feb 19, 2004
  6. I don't need a method to know what the zone is. I know my own experiences.

An infant doesn't need a method to know he is hungry.

#46     Feb 19, 2004