Evolution of a software developer

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Nobert

Nobert

That makes sense.
    A programmer makes multiples of average salary in my country & there's a lack of em.
    Or the salary is still too low.

#11     Jan 13, 2022
  2. Handle123

Handle123

In 1980's learned Basic, in 90's learned Trade station, in 2004 learned Ninjatrader, 2010 hired programmers and they developed own platform, charting, backtesting, etc.

Am too old to sit there and solve logics. It is tough enough to manually trade to "get down" rules that make sense. Hard to stay focused, nod off to nap some times. LOL

#12     Jan 14, 2022
    ET180 and beginner66 like this.
  3. For me, if I don't eat during the day I am way more alert. Might try that.

#13     Jan 14, 2022
    PoundTheRock, ET180 and Leob like this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

...audits code to learn solidity/rust in spare time
    learns to write smart contracts

then
    builds mev frontrunning bots
    launches memecoin
    launches nft pfp collection
    rinse/repeat

realizes that is too much work then writes flashloan arb contracts

#14     Jan 14, 2022
  5. Sprout

Sprout

TradFi is actively being "reprogrammed" by DeFi developers. Just look at TVL numbers. Crypto, by far, is hosting the greatest pace of innovation rn with money legos or ponzi legos - whatever one's bias might be.

#15     Jan 14, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  6. What kind of an example can you point to where TradFi would be disrupted by DeFi (as opposed to creating an entirely new space)

#16     Jan 14, 2022
  7. ET180

ET180

It's not. And we're a long way from that point.

#17     Jan 14, 2022
  8. Sprout

Sprout

I dunno if your framing of the question makes a difference. With DeFi, my phone is a bank where I can borrow, lend and save with low friction. The interest that is offered in DeFi pales what is available in tradFi.

Brick & mortar banks most likely will go the way of malls.

https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en-us/posts/legal/defi-bankless-society/

#18     Jan 14, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  9. How does the borrowing work for example to fund the purchase of a home? Can that be done today? What needs to be done to do that?

#19     Jan 14, 2022
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I think it is more like I been trading for 44 years. Trading is so boring now, I only manually trade to iron out rules before they go to programmer. My time generally is developing new chart patterns, piled up hundreds of them and left in corner of office for time in my life I didn't want to manually trade, what I been doing for several years now.

Thank you for suggestion.

#20     Jan 14, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.