Evolution - A Weak Argument for the Anti-Supernatural?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Laboratory tests are routinely accepted as evidence in courts of law. Not everything needs to be tested, however, because we also have a large body of known science and logic. OTOH, it would be absurd, if we do not conduct tests in a laboratory for results not easily proved by common sense and logic.

A jury should not base the verdict on intuition or faith instead of logic and evidence (including laboratory tests).

#141     Dec 2, 2007
  2. I agree with all that you said. What we probably disagree about is what is considered "admissible"...

#142     Dec 2, 2007
  3. What is so difficult to believe about this?

I was well-studied. How else do you think I would be able to quote from the old scriptures, ie. "ye are gods"? Ok, I was a quick study, but that's only because I had an open mind.

The synoptic gospels leave a big gap between my boyhood and manhood. It makes it clear I was unusually interested, from a young age, in the truth. I could not resist lingering in the temple to debate with the elders.

There were trade routes. Information was flowing into the area. I also exited the area to go travel on trade routes. Joseph enabled me. Didn't always quite agree with what I was learning, but honored my devotion.

Next thing you know, I emerge from the desert turning water into wine. Well, at least some of my education paid off.

Do you not think I went through a learning process?

Jesus

#143     Dec 2, 2007
  4. What? I don't think you think I'm Peyton either - I perceive your laughter.

Well, what's so hard about believing that I am none other than he? I too had a difficult learning process. I received information from my father who knew only too well the road to success. He carefully mapped the route for me as well. My brother also travelled this road, although not as successfully or gloriously...

#144     Dec 2, 2007
  5. I don't find that difficult to believe. Perhaps you do.

As I have been explaining, there is no difference between us. We are one.

I've been known to say things like, "Whatsovever you do to the least of these my brethren, you do unto me". Is that "too cosmic" for you?

I do not see differences between myself and "others", or between others and yet others. That is all a mask over the face of Christ.

Christ is all, in all. You see him masked or unmasked. Veiled or unveiled. As a body, or as Light. It is your choice. And all experiences are Christ's. And all accomplishments are shared in Christ. That is how you are able to share in my learning accomplishments. There is a part of your mind, represented by my accomplishments, that has broken through to see the Light. And so, it is only a matter of time before you share my experience...to share my resurrection.

All accomplishments are shared in the Son of God. That is Heavenly. It is only as hell that he covets unsharable differences.

Jesus

#145     Dec 2, 2007
  6. Is it a success to follow in the same footsteps as your forebears?

The Son of God fails at nothing. And if it is his intention to confuse himself as to Who his Father is, then he will succeed.

"Call no man father" means you will succeed at confusing yourself if you actually believe a man can be your father.

"Call no man father" means you are successful when you understand you have no Father but our Father, and no Guide but the Guide.

"Call no man father" if you intend to live, for there is not yet an earthly father that has failed to die.

"Call no man father" honors your true Father.

"Call no man father" helps you differentiate between what is true, and what is false.

"Call no man father" means you refuse to believe that your origin comes from this world. You do not originate in time, or as a body.

Our Father gave us no such thing as lineage. Lineage, bodies, family units, these are not of God. They are gifts to ourselves. We think we know how to give good gifts, but only our Father knows what is a good gift. That is why he has not given them to us. These are gifts we give ourselves to replace our Father, and take Fatherhood from him. All of that will pass away.

The learning process is not "difficult" once you grasp this.

Jesus

#146     Dec 3, 2007
  7. Before I say anything, I am...

God does not take steps. His accomplishments are not gradual.

He doesn't even teach, because His creations are changless.

What then is this "evolution"?

Life? Hardly!

With an evolutionary perspective, it would be impossible to think of our Father as loving.

C'mon! Who has decreed that everything should pass away, ending in dust and despair? How could you not fear such one? He holds your little life in his hand hanging by a thread. Whoever loves such a god knows nothing of love.

Death is the central theme here. It's called 'the way of nature', not to be questioned. You swallow this whole as the 'natural' law of life...while straining against the smooth consistency of reason.

Cyclical
    Changing
    Unsure
    Undependable
    Unsteady
    Waxing
    Waning

...all this is taken as the Will of God. And no one asks if a benign Creator could will this.

Jesus

#147     Dec 4, 2007