Evil Doers blow up university students

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Jul 31, 2002.

1. When asked why he won't go and fight the vietnamese , Mohamed ali said I won't go and fight those people they haven't done anything against me. My real ennemies are in the US....

Black people were treated as slaves in the US till the late 60's and you are talking of a civilized world.

The americans must behave in a well manner instead of giving lessons to the world. What is happening in palestine is certainly not because of terrorism but because of humiliation of those people. I think that whatever your religion race origin you would have done the same things. if we would have killed you family destroyed your home I think you would have become a terrorist. Remember we are all traders and we know that when emotions are at stakes we don't differenciate between the good and the bad.

Don't forget about that famous day trader who after losing $150,000 killed his family and a total of 9 people. this guy was a white christian (I suppose ) american, not a fanatic muslim terrorist.

So please be more rational when you are talking about people. from what I know 500 israelis were killed against 1,500 palestinians... and those 1,500 palestinians are mainly civilians and children...

#62     Aug 3, 2002
  2. We didn't land on Plymouth Rock! Plymouth Rock landed on us!

Salaam alaykum, my brother!
    :D

#63     Aug 3, 2002
  3. Traderfut,

No-one is denying the terrible treatment of blacks and native americans through the ugly years of American history. But the point remains that America has moved on, and is now the global bastion of civil rights, civil liberties and democracy. Moreover, America is the sole military and economic superpower, and therefore must play a pivotal role in maintaining world order.

No-one is denying that the Vietnam war was highly questionable; indeed the frosty reception afforded to the returning soldiers was confirmation of the degree of consensus vis-a-vis public skepticism.

Now, let's move away from the USA for a moment. Every single country on this planet has had ugly periods in its history. The Vatican turned a blind eye to the Holocaust, the Australians committed a genocide on the aboriginal peoples, the Japanese committed atrocious suicidal dives on Pearl Harbor etc etc

But we must move on to the current reality. The world is currently consitituted as Civilised versus Evil Doing. It is the responsibility of the Civilised World to work together to root out the Islamic Terrorists and liquidate them. Regrettably this will mean that there will be collateral damage to innocent civilians. But this, my friend, is the price of freedom.

God Bless America and other members of the Civilised World.

Candle

#64     Aug 4, 2002
  4. OK..so are you saying that you find this a place where you don't HAVE to conform to "social norms"? You are a closet sociopath? " (I am not saying you are....I just think you left yourself open for that because it was just too easy)......

Haha! Yep, slam dunked me on that one! Good show old chap! :)

So are you saying that you go to ET to take info, and argue when you disagree? How about MAKING A CONTRIBUTION?

Just because I often reply with an argumentative tone doesn't mean that I am not providing quality information. Also, arguing is not ALL I do - go and read my posts, I think I've made many a solid contribution.

Go look at that first one again....tell me it isn't devised to provoke hatred, resentment, anger, defamation...take your pick.

The sites I listed may well provoke anger and resentment, but they were certainly not devised to do so. I doubt you spent the 5 minutes I advised to read each one. You'd surely find that they are interested in producing scientifically/philosophically verifiable justification for the theistic beliefs - and quite thorough and professional in their approach too.

"I am neither pro/anti israel nor palestinians. I am pro finding a solution that will enable mankind, as a whole, to live in peace."
    Just not with anyone you disagree with.

Nope. I'm quite happy to agree to disagree - what could be more American than that?

Sorry for any misunderstanding and I am sure there has been plenty.

Don't apologise man, I'm a big boy. Plus I enjoy a slanging match just for the hell of it :) (reminds me of my old usenet days arguing basketball)

#65     Aug 4, 2002
  5. I think that the Israeli treatment of palestians in the west bank and gaza is absolutely "morally abhorrent". Maybe it is just a side effect of fear.

That's more like it. Certainly it is a side effect of fear. It's not like the Arab world has been content to just let Israel be. Israel has had to fend off attack after attack from its neighbors. I'm sure most Israelis would really like to integrate displaced Palestinians into mainstream society, but they simply regard as too great a risk to their national security. The Palestinians, for their part, don't seem to have done much to allay those fears. Sad, sad situation.

#66     Aug 4, 2002
  6. One has to admire Israel for consistently and effectively defending herself from wave after wave of its Evil Doing neighbors... considering the size of Israel, this is no small feat... especially considering that Islamic Terrorists actually look forward to dying on the battleground... but I really want to widen this discussion out to include generalized Islamic Terrorism, not restricting ourselves to Israel, but also touching on Islamic Terror as it applies to the USA, Europe, Africa, Asia...

#67     Aug 4, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

It's so clear and obvious.
    The "terrorists" are murdering people, which is bad, and the Israelis are trying to stop them, which is good.
    The only ones that argue that it isn't so are liars and there's no point arguing with a liar. Even the liar will think you are a fool for doing so because he knows that the reason you are arguing with him is to arrive at the truth and that's something he doesn't believe in and thinks is foolish and irrelevant.
    The only effective way to deal with a liar, if you have to deal with them at all(best to avoid), is with force. Argument doesn't work.

#68     Aug 4, 2002
  8. I agree.... Israel and all other Civilised Countries have no option but to use overwhelming force against the Evil Doing Islamic Terrorists...

Another attack by the Muslim Fanatics today:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/08/04/mideast/index.html

Israel must respond swiftly and strongly to teach the Evil Ones that they cannot win through their continued terrorism...

Indeed, all Civilised Countries (USA, Israel, Europe, Russia, India, Japan, Far East etc etc) that face the threat of the Muslim Terror must be strong and united... Communism is dead, but in its place has come an even more evil substitute... Islamic Terrorism...

God Bless the Civilised World in its continued battle against the Evil Forces of Islamic Terror... Good will ultimately defeat Evil...

#69     Aug 4, 2002
  9. It's a classic chicken and egg quandary. The Palestinians claim that the Israelis started this cycle of violence by killing thousands of Arabs and Palestinians during the past 60 years and the Palestinian Intifada is a legitimate response to this "terror". The Israelis claim self-defense against Palestinian bombings and, in retaliation, lob missiles into apartment complexes packed with civilians to take out a single Hamas leader. And the cycle begins anew.

Who, exactly, are the terrorists? The US media puts the spin that a man who straps a bomb to himself and steps onto a crowded bus to kill others is a terrorist and scourge to humanity, while the Israeli soldier who sends a high-tech missile into an apartment building is a sympathetic hero performing a necessary act of self-defense. Regretfully, the women and children killed are "collateral damage."

Doesn't seem so clear cut and obvious to those who are not brainwashed by American media. Expand your minds, research the plight of both parties, and you will find the lines between "good" and "evil" to be very blurry. It's only clear cut and obvious when your only source of news is American biased.

#70     Aug 4, 2002