Evil Doers blow up university students

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Each religion has its skeletons in the closet. Even the "peaceful" Hindus and Buddhists have engaged in horrific acts of violence throughout history. We've gotten off topic. What exactly is being debated here?

The Jews and Arabs are equally guilty of atrocities being committed against each other in the name of self-defense, racism, religion ad nauseum. It seems to me that organized religion is the real culprit behind all of the violence in this world. I'm sure the deities behind these religions are laughing their asses off at the cruel joke they've played on mankind.

#141     Aug 5, 2002
  2. And my question to you is how can you say that.. Prove it with historical facts not affirmations…. I know about the crimes made by Christianity but Islam has never ever in all its history been as bloody and cruel as Christianity.

Using reason does not mean that the end result must be indisputable, incontrovertible "facts". I assume you didn't know this - you're probably not used to using rational faculty, are you?

Since you asked, here's a fact: Armenian Genocide. Ottoman Empire systematically murders >1,000,000 Armenians at beginning of 20th Century.

So once again how can you say that.. and stop talking about kuran.. you know nothing about it, and the propaganda sites you read are far from the truth… Have a real intellectual argumentary and not with a big mac :) :) :D :D

Does a person first have to believe the Koran before he can start talking and "knowing" about it?
    I ask you, do you dispute that the quotes I took from the Koran say something else than what I quoted? If so, please correct me.
    What is the "truth"? Don't keep me in suspense, let me in.

I think the "truth" is that I left you with nowhere to turn. You cannot possibly deny the accusations I have made and still call yourself a rational human being. The fact that you keep bringing up America's past and pulling up episodes of Christian brutality and compassion by muslims (ignoring the point that I make that muslim PEOPLE aren't the problem, ISLAM is) shows you don't really have anything to say and are merely doding bullets.

#142     Aug 5, 2002
  3. FINALLY! Someone other than me had the guts to say it! ORGANIZED RELIGION is the problem. Thank You.

But I disagree with you, the thread has NOT gotten off topic. Organized Religion IS the problem that CAUSES so much of the violence (terrorism) in the world, now, and in the past.

#143     Aug 5, 2002
  4. I agree with you that no religion is perfect but there are many western thinkers that belive that Islam is a religion that is blocking development of those islamic countries, and many people such as candle daniel and rs7, believe this religion is the worst possible... and my answer is simply no and it is proved by history...

I also think that the thinking of those guys is dangerous.. But you are right we are off topic..

good night

trader fut

#144     Aug 5, 2002
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Yinky dinky danky doo.
    Yorky florky flinger too.:p
    (more intelligent comments to add to the discussion)

#145     Aug 5, 2002
  6. :) :) :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but Islam (sunni) is not an organised religion such us the catholic church. there is no pope or higher institution...

Now what are your facts I have to leave now...

thks

TF

#146     Aug 5, 2002
  7. Rigel, that's nothing new from you. You've never had any intelligent comments to contribute to ET anyway.

Great job, Traderfut. Don Bright would be proud of the way you've dodged my bullets.

#147     Aug 5, 2002
  8. 1/ You said Islam was the worst thging that may happen to humanity and I asked you how can you affirm that....

Why don't you say Islam, christianity and judaism.. and then I would say ok at least he considers all the religions as criminals but you insisted on a specific religion.

2/ I never said that Islam was not bloody.. Turkish were .... I said mr Rational : No religion has been as bloody as the Christian religion... and history proves it....

Anything else???? so why do speak of Islam a religion you don't know... the words I gave you are those of the prophet mohammed a person respected by all muslim. he also gave the example.. Omar one of his closest friend was also a judge. One day a jewish woman came to Omar and asked him for justice.. Your son stole my land and I would like you to give justice... his son was punished publically and he gave back his land to the jewish woman.... I don't even think that this kind of justice exists today in any modern or third world country...

Ask any muslim in the world and he will tell you about this hadith... tolerance is a very important point in Islam as well as justice... which does not mean that muslims were not warrior...

I have better than that.. do you know how Islam entered Indonesia???? through arab traders not warriors.. Indonesian were liked the behaviour of arab muslims and entered into Islam..

So your sayings are only a propaganda by a brilliant writer, but a propaganda...

#148     Aug 5, 2002
  9. Do you speak french ????

I have a great text written by Tony Sullivan but it is in french I don't know if that is of interest to you...

#149     Aug 5, 2002
  10. So your sayings are only a propaganda by a brilliant writer, but a propaganda...

I can't believe you are so stupid as to not understand the simple English request I made to you, so I'll ask it again.

Do you deny that the quotes I took from the Koran itself - not some other "propaganda", THE VERY FREAKIN KORAN ITSELF - are inaccurate? That they, in fact, say something OTHER than what I quoted? If so, WHAT?

I don't need to read any French writers or anybody else to tell me what to believe - i have a brain, and I know how to use it. I stand by everything I've said in that long post that attacked Islam.

And Traderfut, if it makes you feel better, I'll take back the statement, "..Islam is the worst thing that happened to mankind" and I'll say RELIGION is the worst thing that happened to mankind. And, as far as religions go, Islam is DEFINITELY the worst.

Now please, DON'T RESPOND TO THE LAST SECTION, ANSWER THE QUESTION I PUT TO YOU IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH OF THIS POST.

#150     Aug 5, 2002