Evidence of evolution: Sex ratio as a function of male competition

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Apr 11, 2007.

1. You guys only read half a sentence then jump to the conclusion. If that's how you learn, I have nothing to say.

Read the whole post then come back and make a meaningful comment.

I'll reserve the word "idiot" for those who don't get it after the 2nd try.

#11     Apr 12, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

He says not to eat most of them. What does evolution say? Or rather, maybe I should ask if scientists have come up with an equation yet to suggest that insects shouldn't be eaten. Keep in mind that an infant will put anything in it's mouth.

#12     Apr 12, 2007
  3. jem

jem

what i see is a "scientist" venturing a guess based on an observation. And then saying ah because my guess was correct my observation must be correct.

The design argument based on the cosmological constant is much much stronger but as it is weakly presented by its critics it seems to parallel your argument.

#13     Apr 12, 2007
  4. Precisely. You have just described what a scientific process is, in a rough manner.

Write down an equation based on your design argument, then we can compare it with observation and see if it's correct.

#14     Apr 12, 2007
  5. If you didn't understand my question, let me clarify. What did God say about the sex ratio in insects?

#15     Apr 12, 2007
  6. fhl

fhl

I understood the question you asked. The so-called clarification is a different question entirely. Didn't you just call someone dumb on this thread?

In answer to your NEW question. Nothing that I'm aware of.

#16     Apr 12, 2007
  7. jem

jem

the nobel prize winning physicist Stephen Weinberg did - when he made his prediction about the Cosmological constant before it was observed.

#17     Apr 12, 2007
  8. The difference between adults and children in conversation, is that children often lose sight of the context and switch topic while responding to the last question. I assume that you are an adult.

You: Do you need to be a scientist to figure out why there is a one to one birth ratio?
    I: What did God say about insects?
    You: Not to eat most of them.

Who's acting dumb?

#18     Apr 12, 2007
  9. Don't evade the question. Write down the equation here, based on the ID theory, and let's examine it.

Don't appeal to authority. Science does not believe in authority.

#19     Apr 12, 2007
  10. jem

jem

This has to be one of the least sincere or one of dumbest statements I have ever heard.

Society is structured based on appeals to authority.

Science gets funded and studied based on appeals to authority.

Laws are made and people convicted based on appeals to scientific authority.

I just answered your question. The science is above your skills so you will have to accept the authority.

You go look up what Wienberg predicted. How is was found, how it was measured and why it may means that if there is only one universe - it looks designed according to top physicists.

I have already provided many of the links on the other thread in which we discussed the null hypothesis.

#20     Apr 12, 2007