"Everything Is Going Up. Only At The Federal Reserve Is There No Inflation"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Well, maybe they print the money they need to operate, so then they can NEVER have inflation :D

2. olias

olias

I thought Bernanke said there is inflation:

"the inflation increase will be transitory then it will pass and go back to a point of inflation that is consistent with our price stability mandate. and that being said, we have to monitor inflation. inflation expectations extremely closely because if my assumptions prove not to be correct, we would certainly have to respond to that and ensure that we maintain price stability in the united states."

so what is he ridiculing exactly? the notion that the Libya situation has a bigger impact on the price of Crude than QE2?

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

ah, here we go. Benny's lawyer again.

why dont you chart oil from the Jackson Hole speech last August to now and look at the increase. then check the increase during the libya to now timeframe and compare. oh, and then take a look at all other commodities. look at corn, wheat, proteins, soy, etc. you know,. all those other farm and food products that libya is driving up.

but ipads are cheaper, right? "Let them eat Ipads."

when the fed does act (because, lets face it, almost everyone but you and the Fed realize that Ben's assumptions will not prove correct) it will be as it always is - BEHIND the curve.

4. olias

olias

There is inflation, and the Fed wants inflation. Let's at least keep the debate honest

5. olias

olias

I'm not talking about Ipads

Let's cut to the chase; you are saying the sky high oil prices are mostly because of QE2 rather than the uprisings in the middle east?

6. S2007S

S2007S

Wait till Bubble ben bernanke throws QE3 into the market!!!

:p

7. You're a genius, that is exactly what he just said.

Note to the clueless one, crude oil has been on a tear for much longer than the past 2 months or so.

btw, tell us what sort of inflation the Fed wants. Please be specific.

8. olias

olias

I think they are shooting for about 2% annually

9. olias

olias

"“I would like to see QE 2.5,” with the Fed completing its second round of quantitative easing in June and then buying more Treasury securities thereafter, said Krueger, who is now a professor of economics at Princeton University in New Jersey. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...from-taking-much-comfort-in-jobless-fall.html

So I guess you could say that I'm thinking along the lines of professor of economics at Princeton. I feel pretty comfortable with that along with the criticism of all the mental midgets who mindlessly blame Bernanke for everything.

#10     Apr 11, 2011