Everyone makes money in ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SusanaDT, Apr 1, 2008.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

you missed this one;

#31     Apr 1, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

Sorry, but you seem to be having a crisis of confidence. I am new here as well, but I've been trading on the floor for 18 months. Why is it any concern of yours? Will knowing what you think you know make you a better trader? You have two P/L posts, one breakeven and one $18 gain. Glass houses come to mind.

#32     Apr 1, 2008
  3. We're missing something here: it takes three essential organs to trade and two of them you can scratch. Sorry, had to be said.:)

#33     Apr 1, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, you better stay away p/l thread. It could mess with your mind if you are not well prepare for it.

#34     Apr 1, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do I hear the sounds of frustration?

I can't sing an opera but that doesn't mean there are no opera singers. I can't juggle chainsaws while blind folded sitting a unicycle either but there are folks who can, and I could probably learn IF I wanted to spend the time and effort.

A lot of folks seem to think all they need to do is read a few books, open an account, throw a few indicators on a chart and bada bing bada boom $100 bills suddenly start spitting out of their computer's CD-ROM.

#35     Apr 1, 2008
  6. Well, thats because you are a pussy :D (j/k)

#36     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Great post, and very apropro to SusanaDT's "problem" (that seems to reside with everyone else in her mind).

The skillset of what it takes to be a good trader is as unique as any of those mentioned in your post ... in fact "doing it well" will feel just as weird (as juggling chainsaws fer sure! :D ), unless you are in the zone, in which case it will make perfect sense and feel great.

Thanks for making the post. It goes to show that once again there is value in even the most trivial of threads. :cool:

#37     Apr 1, 2008
  8. All that's important is that YOU make money. All this other stuff is irrelevant.

Woodie used to call out all of his trades in real time, and he was consistently a winning trader. But his group consistently lost money.

I used to call out my trades in real time. Nobody cared. (Except a few of my trading friends on Skype :)

What I love about Life is, I concentrate on me and I win. What other folks do is absolutely none of my business. If they make money, that's nice. If they lose money, that's nice. I don't care.

Keep an open mind. Don't get stuck in a box. Focus on you and you alone. Concentrate on YOU so YOU can win. And you will win.

#38     Apr 1, 2008
  9. <i>"Quote from Lucrum: I can't juggle chainsaws while blind folded sitting a unicycle either "</i>

I've never thought to try, but two of my redneck friends, Lefty and Stumpy both gave it their best shot.

#39     Apr 1, 2008
  10. >> Susana please don't go it's Stoney! I'm sorry I have been slow to respond I am having some of the same issues you describe with my damn clearing house. Would you believe over $6 Million in sells and they want me to pay extra for the cost basis of everything!!!!!!! I'm losing my mind here at tax time, it's hard enough rectifying all my small sh*t at e*trade who of course don't provide cost basis either and now this! I could forward you my tax return if and when it ever gets done but until then let me get you off on the right foot and give you my 3 top plays for the months of April & May....

1) MHK Mohawk- Carpets 2) FLIR- Filtration night goggles 3) PLD- Reit using their buildings for big solar projects like the one in CA.... ~ si

#40     Apr 3, 2008