Everyone is BUYING

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tenthousandmen, May 21, 2012.

1. hasnt your fed already stated they are not stimulating more?

#11     May 22, 2012
  2. the1

the1

What's shorting? :D

#12     May 22, 2012
  3. Like we trust what they say lol or any central planner for that matter.

#13     May 22, 2012
  4. baron says not to post here, but my thread got moved from economics to trading

:p :)

Thanks for the post. I was watching the buying/selling trades on index and commodity futures last week through this week, and found that during the intraday-2day moves, lots of buying would happen relative to price. It seemed more out of style than it usually is - generally it's intraday only, but the past two weeks these swings have spanned a couple of days.

Perhaps there was likely allot of short covering behind it all, and maybe allot of people were getting wiped out too. It sounds like the people who haven't sold are the one's who successfully took Mr Market head on!

Apologies if I'm not speaking well either, English actually isn't my first language! :cool:

#14     May 22, 2012
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Thats the only thing this market knows, is more stimulus, without the stimulus this economy and market is absolutely worthless.

#15     May 22, 2012
  6. I don't know about that. By and large, companies have adapted, are growing and profitable. That is what the stock market is about. Companies, profits and growth.

Its the governments that cannot balance their books.

#16     May 22, 2012
  7. So it looks like everyone decided to sell.

#17     May 23, 2012
  8. simpleRT

simpleRT

Traders know that we have to retest the lows one more time before we have a shot at a real rally. Either that or days of sideways consolidation.

#18     May 23, 2012
  9. Failed Trader,

you make a good point the numbers will not improve much and more than likely will be deteriorating and the fed might come in. I am not certain though for them to begin operations in a 1-2 month period from now as it would not be optimal if Greece does leave we will have a short liquidity shock lasting anywhere from 3-5 months causing new money coming into the system to essentially evaporate. Now I can see the fed coming in if a new round of QE is coordinated from Japan/UK/US and possibly an introduction of Euro bonds but for the Fed to come in by itself would not really help confidence much and you might see a month long rally but after that the market would be in consolidation.

I understand this would essentially be the best time to come in when markets are tanking but until EU leaders decide on a roadmap no amount of individual central bank stimulus would help much

#19     May 23, 2012
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Don't worry about the rally off the lows, the SPX is still headed for a drop below 1100. Of course there will be nice rallies along the way, but this market has a lot more downside left.

#20     May 23, 2012