Everyone is attacking Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AnonymousTrader, Nov 15, 2004.

1. toc

toc

Although I should be asking this question to SEC but does anyone here know if Hedge Fund operators are NOW required to register as Investment Advisors. I think SEC already voted on it, the question is has it been put into effect.

Also, does anyone here know what is an offshore hedge fund, does it mean it pays no taxes for either operators and investors.

#21     Nov 17, 2004
  2. hummmmm ....bump...will read tomorrow

#22     Sep 13, 2006
  3. Crabgrass

Crabgrass

Why would someone still be a stockbroker anymore if they were managing at least $30M? Research could be bought (probably better at that).

#23     Sep 13, 2006
  4. problem with most hedge funds esp stock/emerging markets funds is that relativelyly speaking weve gone thru a period of great global growth fueled by IT, commodities and services.

What is going to interest me is how the hedge funds perform when teh market is choppy/poor, few good investment opportunities exist and there really isnt alot of confidence in the market. When that occurs itll separate the bullsh*ters from the legends.

IMO u never stop being a n00b investor until uve gone thru at least 1 bear market.

#24     Sep 13, 2006