Everyone is asking, What the hell happened to Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 4, 2012.

1. October 4th, 2012
    03:36 PM ET
    Why did President Obama do so poorly at last night's debate?

MSNBC's Chris Matthews asked, "What was he doing?"

Democratic strategist James Carville said, "Romney came in with a chainsaw."

Commentator Andrew Sullivan said, "This was a disaster... He choked... He may even have lost the election tonight."

CNN did a poll of watchers right after the debate that showed by a margin of almost 3-to-1 – 67% to 25% - that they thought Mitt Romney won the first debate.

What happened to the mesmerizing president who captivated audiences in Berlin and Cairo more than three years ago?

Where was the visionary who saw a path forward for the country that was so compelling he became the first African-American president in our history?

Watching the debate last night, I got the impression Obama didn't want to be there. He seemed annoyed at times and disengaged. And he allowed Romney to get back in the race big time.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2...do-so-poorly-at-last-nights-debate/?hpt=hp_t2

Very strange........Pale shadow of what he was 4 years ago. Like he's sick or something...

2. Nothing happened, the msm has been coddling and protecting his useless ass for 4 yrs and last night they couldn't keep us from peeking behind the curtain of OZ.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'll drink to that.

4. pspr

pspr

No teleprompter - No Bama.

5. A perfect example for Obama's you didn't built that line.

He owes his presidency to that teleprompter, without it he would be ripping tickets at the movie theater right now.

6. wjk

wjk

Guess I'll give it a peek. I need to see what the hype is about.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Or smoking pot by the kilo.

8. That's pretty funny. What kind of people vote for a pot smoking nitwit whose click was named the "choom gang".

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Democrats, who hate anything "Republican".

10. "The reason Obama did so poorly is he has been busy running the country not like romney who has all the time in the world to practice for a debate."

--overheard in the teachers lounge

#10     Oct 4, 2012