Every Week Is Expiry Week With New Weekly Options!

Discussion in 'Options' started by Cdntrader, Jul 2, 2010.

1. e.g. they had MSFT options when it reported earnings, no option for Aug 06, and now there are options for Aug 13 (news pending?)

#31     Aug 5, 2010

2. Interestingly they are only allowed 5 per exchange(8 exchanges) = max 40 different symbols can have weeklys at any one time.

I guess they are trying to drum up volume before they do more. makes sense given how some new products die on the vine.

#32     Aug 29, 2010
  3. yes.. some time back AMEX came up with binary options... u bet if the price was below /above.. and u win loose.. binary.. that BS did not last long.... but Weeklys look like they are here to stay.

i did not know that only 5 per exchange.. why in the hell did they make OPTIONS on PFE... also. now that they can do 5 .. can they keep switching. like makiing weeklys on the one which is hot..? ha ha..

#33     Aug 29, 2010
  4. Just my guess (about stalemate agreement): most likely Yes - sometimes, but not always!

#34     Sep 1, 2010
  5. TLT added to weekly options.

#35     Sep 5, 2010
  6. I have short weekly options on TLT & SPY expiring today.They say Friday trading is allowed.
    Any body have any idea till what time I can close-3.45/4pm on Friday(today)?
    SPY 112.45 (as of thursday close)
    I have short SPY 113 call (below strike 0.33 cents now )
    also Short SPY 114 put (in the money 1.53 or so)
    also short TLT 103 calls (well in the money)

I have "long" OCT options on all the above.

#36     Sep 24, 2010
  7. SForce

SForce

Whatever the times are for the normal, non-weekly, options it's the same for these. The SPY is till 4:15 .. I don't know about TLT but I believe those are going to be 4pm.

#37     Sep 24, 2010
  8. Latest weeklies:

OEX
    XEO
    DJX
    SPX
    NDX
    EEM
    FAS
    FAZ
    GLD
    GDX
    IWM
    QQQQ
    SPY
    USO
    XLF
    TLT
    VXX
    AAPL
    AMZN
    BAC
    BIDU
    BP
    C
    CSCO
    F
    GE
    GOOG
    GS
    MSFT
    NFLX

#38     Oct 3, 2010
  9. Latest weeklies added:

IBM PCLN RIMM SLV

#39     Oct 30, 2010

10. cdntrdr,
    are you trading any weeklys? have you read augen's latest book?

#40     Oct 30, 2010