Every US taxpayer will pay for California Bailout

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 21, 2012.

1. In 2009 the deficit was $20 billion....so $16 billion doesnt seem so bad now.

#11     May 21, 2012
  2. As a 20+ year California resident, I sincerely hope that we do not get bailed out.

Besides, why would Obama give money to California? He'll win here in a landslide no matter what he does. If California was a swing state, that would be a different story.

#12     May 21, 2012
  3. I wonder how many FB shares Calpers bought.

#13     May 21, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Saw this on another site.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

Personally though, I'm not so sure it's "too early".

#14     May 21, 2012
  5. Actually as a republican, I think CA should get bailed out. CA residents pay somewhere around $250-300 billion dollars per year to the federal government. The least the federal government can do is give back 16 billion. If California separated from the US, they would be swimming in so much surplus, you wouldnt believe it. Even after funding their own military, education and healthcare.

#15     May 21, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

All of them, I think. :D

#16     May 21, 2012
  7. its his bunker.:).

#17     May 21, 2012
  8. Hola,

Good article in the post.

Next generation of non-Caucasians are going to have to step up, eh?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/athens_calif_YbMhoYuxtVtwNN1SU9XM8H

Wanna take that action? I say we slice California off from the ocean to about 1.5 miles inland.

Tow that 'slice' out to sea about 5 or so miles and let the cool 'earners' live there; and let the rest of it battle it out Mad Max style (it's a fucking desert after all).

peace

hedvig

#18     May 21, 2012
  9. Gov Brown said that California is the land of innovation and is where facebook was invented.....:D

#19     May 22, 2012
  10. I thought Albert Gore invented it?

#20     May 22, 2012