Every time I hear people claim you do nothing but lose in trading......

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lethn, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Lethn

Lethn

I think it's a good source of information because it gives you some idea of the kind of money you can earn etc. of course I do know that it's no grounds for being able to find out how the markets work.

#11     Nov 22, 2009
  2. The top 100 traders make a minimum of 40 million per year. But those are people managing other peoples money. The top 2 or 3 guys make over a billion.

Private traders trading their own accounts...well although there are a few that make 75-100 million per year, most of the top dogs have trouble breaking the 10-15 million dollar mark. Thats the TOP guys. The average traders I believe get stuck around 250k per year if i remember right, although those traders do have the occasional million dollar year...but I dont really think its enough to start buying your own yacht or private jet.

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Well, if you don't have any debt you sure don't need $250K/year to live a decent life. Some of you guys are clueless -- you seem to think that $$$ is the answer in life. Having traded full time 14 years I've NEVER made $250K/year yet I live a very nice lifestyle. And I'm fortunate enough to have time to volunteer and work with underprivileged kids after school. That satisfaction cannot be measured in dollars.

#13     Nov 23, 2009
  4. ventus

ventus

trading successfully is not as difficult as it may seem. it just depends on what one defines as being successful. and on that note, i'll add that i am a successful trader and find it to be rather easy and extremely boring.

#14     Nov 23, 2009
  5. lmao

#15     Nov 23, 2009

6. Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything.

Cant argue with God. :cool:

#16     Nov 23, 2009
  7. plan

plan

Sure lots of noobs lose money but on the other hand there are a dozen traders I know personally, including myself, who earn a decent living from it. I'm a bit tired of this 99% of all daytraders lose money bullshit or you have to swing to make money.

Maybe you need to swing to make the multi-millions but stop it already with all the threads about daytraders not being able to make money enough to pay the bills. It's boring already.

If you can't do it move onto something else, that's it!

#17     Nov 23, 2009