Every stock bear is now vaporized

Discussion in 'Trading' started by piggie2000, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Why would you short the equities market with a 0% fed funds rate?

Until the fed starts raising, which looks like the 3rd quarter of 2010, equities are going to fly.

You have the central banks and governments around the world pumping global stocks with liquidity, this rally is just in the beginning phase.

#21     Dec 24, 2009
  2. Why do you think every bear is in the market? Plenty are on the sidelines.

#22     Dec 24, 2009
  3. jnorty

jnorty

no i'm not dead as i'm a day trader. i'm just correcting misinformation. the facts say theres very few bears and thats the truth. but it means nothing as its been that way for months.as far as shorting with zero rates. go ask japan how there mkt did with zero rates. the bottom line we're in a full fledge mania that ends bad. when it ends nobody know. but i also sit here and say day traders overall have done horrible this year.one had to hold overnight to catch 90% of the moves the last 6 months. i know several guys who made $5 mil plus last year and they've had there worst year in a long time.

#23     Dec 24, 2009
  4. tortoise

tortoise

exactly. Waiting for ... well, what exactly?

That perfect moment when they can confidently pronounce that The Top to be finally in?

Rinse and repeat.

#24     Dec 24, 2009
  5. Mvic

Mvic

When Geithner comes out and says that he will do "whatever is necessary" to stop a slide in to a second dip, given his ego, his track record this year, and his backers, I believe him. I only wish I had taken him more seriously sooner than I did.

#25     Dec 24, 2009
  6. jnorty

jnorty

mvic geitner can do what he wants but pandora's box is now wide open. its like filling a bag with shit and tieing it shut. eventually the shit escapes. rates are now rising very fast and people selling bonds are overwelming the feds ability to buy them.i fully expect the fed to tank stks and at least try to get a flow back into bonds soon. there game is almost over. printing $ has never worked in world history

#26     Dec 24, 2009
  7. Yes it has worked, they've been doing it for 30 years.

#27     Dec 24, 2009
  8. LOL! You call that "working"??

#28     Dec 24, 2009
  9. Look, it's all fine and well to say 2009 belonged to the Bulls. It clearly did. The rise was historic. Every time the market looked like it was going to turn, it didn't for one reason or another.

The Dow can make another run by the end of 2010 and be comfortably set at 15000 or so. Can it happen? Certainly! I don't care, because I'm trading the trend right now and doing great.

However, I'm not stupid either. There's a definite end to this. The sheer volume of insider selling throughout the last quarter is a sure-fire indication that things are about to calm down for a bit. When you have INSANE P/E ratios for the Dow 30, it can't last forever.

So it might not look like a lot of Bears out there, but the smart money right now is neutral, and waiting for the signals to emerge. It is going to reverse.

#29     Dec 24, 2009
  10. #30     Dec 25, 2009