Every single trade charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by krolewsky, May 11, 2017.

1. krolewsky

krolewsky

Hi,

I am looking for charts where price is showed by points (every single trade is marked with a point). How is it called?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. A tick chart will show every trade

3. krolewsky

krolewsky

Do you know where i can find every trade tick chart for us stocks?

4. eSignal, TradeStation

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  5. Xela

Xela

I think you're probably referring to "tick charts", but it isn't quite clear from your question.

It depends what you mean by "with a point".

If an order is transacted at the same price as the previous transaction, then clearly there's no price movement.

On "tick charts", the periodicity of the bars/candles is defined not by the passage of a fixed time interval but by the transacting of a fixed number of orders.

One of the potential difficulties of interpreting this charting layout is that it fails to distinguish between a very small retail transaction and a huge institutional trade. They're each classified as "one transaction": whatever the instrument is, if you buy 100 units, and if a pension-fund buys 1,000,000 units, then both trade executions are effectively recorded the same way, as "one transaction". Charting volume is what distinguishes between the two.

murray t turtle and comagnum like this.
  6. stepan7

stepan7

You need software to display 1 tick chart and tick datafeed provider.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

upload_2017-5-11_12-8-19.jpeg
    CalculatingRange Bars.Range barstake only price into consideration; therefore, eachbarrepresents a specified movement of price. ... The number ofrange barscreated during a trading session will also depend on the instrument being charted and the specified price movement of therange bar.

8. %%
    Sounds like they answered it+ depends on what you mean by '' a point'', krolewSky. I double checked the practical meaning of ''a point''; a point also refer to a $1.00 move, in stocks.Most institutions also measure in %. For example TGT stock, in a [12 month]bear market ,dropped 10 points/+[$67 down to $57/+ , in a day ,in FEB,2017].......!0 points =$10 per stock share. NOT a stock tip or prediction ; its a trend comment.

SPY is still an [12 month]uptrending bull market ,is frequently charted in points[$1.00 ] ,measured on right edge of daily charts] or 5 points measured, on daily chart[on right edge of chart]. NOT a prediction.

9. krolewsky

krolewsky

http://www.nanex.net/aqck2/4395/20130808.fNG.U13.10.29.50.975_25ms.0.gif