Every morning at 9:24am EST, IB forcibly logs me out

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by sprstpd, Oct 2, 2007.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Every morning for the past three trading mornings at 9:24am EST, IB forcibly logs my account out. I have confirmed that my internet connection is fine during these logouts.

A long time ago, I had a simliar problem but I was being logged out forcibly at around 5pm EST. IB eventually resolved this problem.

My real question is, is anybody else having this problem? It would be good to know if you are. Thanks.

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

By the way, my auto-logout setting is for 2am EST.

3. TickJob

TickJob

My TWS is running continuously round the clock Sunday to Friday non-stop:D

4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Ok thanks. Had two more mornings of a forced disconnect in the 9:20am - 9:30am range. Today I was not disconnected. Is just odd.

5. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Can you please log this issue with customer support 1 (877) 442-2757 - we'll see from our end what's going on, thanks.

6. I had the same problem.

It turned out to be that my DHCP lease got renewed at that time.

Usually the leases are for 24 hours, so that might be your problem.

7. sprstpd

sprstpd

This sounds like a probable explanation. How did you verify that this was the problem? Is there a record when DHCP renewal takes place?

Thanks for the input.

8. ipconfig /all

The last 2 lines of the display are

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 05, 2007 3:53:30 AM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 08, 2007 3:53:30 AM

9. JackR

JackR

Leases are set up in your router (or modem/router). You can set up the length of your lease(s) from a configuration screen in the router. Depending on the router brand you'll find a number of choices.

You could set up for a weekly renewal. To get the timing right do an:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

command sequence on Saturday or Sunday. This would ensure that henceforth the renewal would take place on a non-trading day.

Jack

10. In addition to the two posts following your question. In my case, the DHCP lease that was being renewed was my routers, not the individual PCs.

You'll have to log into your router and find "WAN" or "Global IP" or something like that. There is usually a button to "renew" lease. In my router/firewall i could see the timestamp of the most recent DHCP lease acquisition.

#10     Oct 6, 2007