Every instinct I have is telling me to short

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Dec 14, 2006.

1. I know.

I just figured if he can bust balls for another poster interjecting his thoughts. Then one good turn deserves another. Nothing personal....we just like to bust balls in NY. :D

#11     Dec 14, 2006
  2. Joma

Joma

#12     Dec 14, 2006
  3. I've been bearish on Nasdaq stocks, but one by one I'm watching stocks rally out of nowhere... Look at AMD today...I was bearish on that too....nice huh..

Kevin

#13     Dec 14, 2006
  4. #14     Dec 14, 2006
  5. don't you have to figure new highs > and then look for a key reversal before shorting; hey if anyone can figure this stuff out perfectly >> more power to you!

my gut says new highs although we could pullback on or after expiry and whipsaw/frustrate a few more diehard bears!

am still looking for a decent retracment after 12/31/06

#15     Dec 14, 2006
  6. romik

romik

I tell you how to short this market, I shorted @ 1398 SPX and bought SPY Jan 07 143 calls, as of right now I am in profit :D , not by much, but in profit. If you feel the top is nearing, need insurance, even if to reduce losses if wrong.

#16     Dec 14, 2006
  7. How did you short the SPX at 1398? SPX is an index...a cash market...you can't trade that.. You mean you shorted S&P futures?

#17     Dec 14, 2006
  8. my two cents. i've been bearish, until I saw last week's job #s, then this week's retail #s. Even today's unemployment numbers continue to reinforce a strong enough job market and economy.

santa clause rally, options expiration almost done, etc. etc.. A conflicting CPI could throw a dent into the argument, but I'd have to bet it'll be pretty close to expectations.

And if there was a surprise inflation uptick, it would kill the homebuilder rally first.. long everything but bidu, kbh, and crm.

:)

long hsi all the way !!!!

#18     Dec 14, 2006
  9. eRL futures lagged today...very "telling".
    Last hour was bearish.....good only for the bears.

#19     Dec 14, 2006
  10. romik

romik

SPX 1398, you can trade cash index, just not through a futures broker

#20     Dec 15, 2006