Every forex broker is evil?!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by WmWaster, Apr 1, 2006.

1. zuijlen

zuijlen

I started reading the referenced article but had to give up due to an accute ROFL attack after the following amazing "discovery" revealed by the author:
    I wish I had some of that $1.3 trillion in my demo account! :D

#101     May 25, 2006
  2. siki13

siki13

Hmm so that was me yesterday who moved the market
    with my demo account.

#102     May 25, 2006
  3. traderob

traderob

#103     May 25, 2006
  4. How ridiculous.
    Good spot!

But I think there's some truth in this article, despite this ridiculous claim.

#104     May 25, 2006
  5. Deptrai

Deptrai

WM, I disagree with the "every" in the title of this thread. You have acknowledged that you are a neophyte in the forex market. So I can see where you are coming from. This June will mark my 11th year in the forex market. Do business with a reputable broker. The skill and talent required in trading forex is very rare. Just look at the USD/CAD thread.

#105     May 25, 2006
  6. So who are the reputable brokers?

#106     May 25, 2006
  7. Deptrai

Deptrai

WM, on the CFTC website you will be able to find out if the broker is registered with them, as well as any black marks that broker may have. Welcome to the forex market.

#107     May 29, 2006
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

The best would be the ECN style forex brokers. The rest are market makers.

Interactive brokers.
    MB trading
    CoesFX
    Hotspot FXi
    CurrenEX

When CME/Reutures FXmarketspace spools up early next year, expect to see more ECN style brokerage offerings.

#108     May 29, 2006
  9. delta1

delta1

What about firms like MB trading though? They do charge a commission and you get a tighter spread...they don't trade against us do they?

#109     Jun 1, 2006
  10. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Nope, they don't trade against you. They simply match orders with you and their liquidity providers. This is why they charge a commission. That's the only way they make money off you. Unlike the "no commission" market makers.

#110     Jun 1, 2006