Every big down day with futures falling further is followed by...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Jul 10, 2007.

Every big down day with futures falling further is followed by...

Poll closed Jul 11, 2007.
  1. An up day!

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. A down day!

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Most of the big down days that were followed by an up day were accompanied by a volume spike. Something well above average, in most cases across most or all of the major indexes ETF's and futures.
    Yesterday's volumes were somewhat mixed so I'm not that as confident in a bounce as I otherwise would be.

Naturally now that I've put my observation in print - we'll probably see a moon shot.

#31     Jul 11, 2007
  2. #32     Jul 11, 2007
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

I am in the opinion that the US is in a different stage with the aging population. Those high vols will not come back for the SPX any time soon...if the chart was vol on Shanghai, that will be another story.

#33     Jul 11, 2007
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

Yay! Market up! Put premiums gone!!!!

#34     Jul 11, 2007
  5. Hope you took gains
    :eek:

That was amazing the way you called the top :p

#35     Jul 11, 2007
  6. LMAO! Put premiums riding back up like a dark stallion! SLM news wasn't taken well I guess. :D

#36     Jul 11, 2007
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

Yay! I am short anyway...but will the market reach below my strike by next Friday?

#37     Jul 11, 2007
  8. Just giving you a hard time. :p But that all depends on where your short put is. looks like the flow of money out of bonds is going to save you today though.

#38     Jul 11, 2007
  9. What's your strike? These markets are epileptic right now...funny. I think we'll see caution before next week and a little selling before earnings really opens up.

Cheers and good luck. :D

#39     Jul 11, 2007
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

My strike is 1460 on the SPX...I sold a lot a lot. :eek:

But I am otherwise 100% short.
    :p

#40     Jul 11, 2007