Everest The Highest trade of the World

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by millydog, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

it could be good or maybe bad advertisement for them...it all depends if you make it back down in one piece :D ..dayum i would love to be able to attempt this..i wish you much luck..please do keep us posted..

#11     Jul 3, 2007
  2. i might be mistaken here, but i have my doubts that you'll be able to get a cell signal on top of everest. i have no idea how they made the record call but i have a feeling they used some tricks, maybe setting up their own temporary cell towers for it.

out of all the documentaries iv watched on everest iv never seen anyone making cell calls from anywhere on the mountain, they always use short wave radios.

you might have to reconsider how you are going to place the trade, maybe using a sat phone, sat internet or relaying the request over radio to someone who has better access.

#12     Jul 3, 2007
  3. Call Cramer from Everest. He'd be up for a stunt like that

#13     Jul 3, 2007
  4. It's possible now because of a new cell tower that was just built in Tibet. Check out this link:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9020138

It can be done, and I intend to do it. I will keep everone informed in the months to come regarding the expedition plans and details.

#14     Jul 3, 2007
  5. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Sweet project. Please keep us all posted and let us know your web site so that we can track your progress and donate. What's the name of the charity you are helping?

#15     Jul 3, 2007
  6. Thanks,

My website should be up in a month or so. The organization is called the Himalayan Helping Hands. We hope to build 1 to 5 schools through my charity climb.

Anyone got any other ideas about large corporate sponsors who would be interested.

I sent proposals to : Rimm, E-Trade, Scottrade, and Motorola so far.

If I could land 1 big corporate sponsor this whole thing will become possible. I am hoping to raise 100K plus. We can build 1 school for just 10K. However the climb itself is going to cost 25-35K. So that is a lot of fundraising I got to due.

#16     Jul 3, 2007
  7. Ask sponsorship from the brokerage houses and internet/satellite coms providers.

Maybe some broker can be accesed trough satellite. It would be a great advertising campaign for them.

#17     Jul 3, 2007
  8. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

What's the status on this project? You should already be up there aclimatizing...Send us an update from base camp...:D

#18     Apr 12, 2008
  9. they say when you're high, it's easie to make money. A new strategy is being born.

#19     Apr 12, 2008